Tool Bar disappeared from Verizon Yahoo Internet Explorer page & cannot download
tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

different Verizon "helpers" have said :  Verizon no longer supports yahoo....  (but it is not on my verizon.net page either)

my Internet Explorer 8 is corrupted so I must pay Microsoft to fix

etc....etc....

I cannot even download or print from there.  I did download firefox which enabled me to download I E 8 & that gives me a tool bar but it will not transfer my bookmarks..        I have XP on my PC

Can anyone help?   Please.....  I  am a not very computer literate senior.........    thank you

0 Likes
Re: Tool Bar disappeared from Verizon Yahoo Internet Explorer page & cannot download
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What toolbar?

Here is sample screen shot on my computer.

http://i33.tinypic.com/jktzlk.jp

Re: Tool Bar disappeared from Verizon Yahoo Internet Explorer page & cannot download
tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for response........  

the tool bar I am missing is :  file/edit/view/favorites/tools/help - that whole line -  & nothing happens when I right or left double click in that area  ..........   ???

tan arn

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

#1 So, it looks more like this:

http://i37.tinypic.com/1588ejb.jpg

?

#2 If so, right click right next to the web page's title OR to the left of the new tab button.

Make sure that menu bar, is checked. If not, check it.

Hint: In my earlier screen shot, menu bar is shown as checked.

tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for persevering. .........  yes that is exactly what I see -  plus a line between the 2  for web

search/bookmarks/settings/mail/ my yahoo answers/games/antispy/news ..........

is the web page title where is the address ? - nothing happens if I right click anywhere there

I do not know what the new tab is but presume it is below the line that carries my bookmarks/settings etc..........

nothing happens when I click anywhere there

0 Likes
tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to say that I do not have anywhere to go to check the menu bar

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

Go to Tools -> Tools -> Toolbars as shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EXaVic_RI

?

tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I truly appreciate your patience & thank you for last response,  but, as I said in first response,  the tool bar I am missing is:

File/Edit/View/Favorites/TOOLS/Help & I see no menu bar .................  ? ............

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you take screen shot of what you see in IE, and post it..

Thanks.

tanarn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again giant thanks for your patience..........

I have photos of the yahoo I E homepage & the Mozilla I E homepage BUT I see nowhere on this that allows me to add an attachment??? -  so stumped .........   no I cannot do that marvellous video transfer you sent of your page toolbars.

Believe I said that the Mozilla IE page "Tools" does not drop a menu showing "toolbars" ......  of course the yahoo page has no "Tools" !!!

I fully understand if you cannot help me further.  I I fear a commercial person will charge me a lot because it seems complicated .

If only I could get my bookmarks to transfer from yahoo to Mozilla it could be solved.  Everyone I have asked says oh yes that can be done but no one knows how.

thank you

0 Likes