Troubles with my connection
portdrake
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently signed up under a 3m service but acording to speedtest.net and my router via 192.168.1.1 im getting anywhere from 1.5 to 1.7 m could it be a routerbox limitaion(gt704wg) bad programming or a bad line any help would be nice. Also let it be note that i never recieved the 3m service and the only reason im concerned now is becaus im considering upgrading to 7.1m service and would like this resolved first.

Thanks Sam

Message Edited by portdrake on 02-19-2009 06:19 PM
0 Likes
Re: Troubles with my connection
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Before we go into the topic of the 7.1 mg service, I would like you to check out this page and see if any of these fixes improve your current speeds

Slow Internet connection

Regarding the higher speeds, you can call the dsl dept and ask them to test your line to see if you can qualify for the higher speeds...

0 Likes
Re: Troubles with my connection
HammerJ
I am experiencing the same issue after upgrading from 768KBs to 3MBs.  I ran the Verizon and Speedtest.net and am getting download speed of about 1500K and upload of about 370K.  I ran all of the suggested items under the slow connection section except for the Optimizer because i am running Vista.  Shouldn't I be getting closer to 2800KB download and 750KB upload?  Yes I am thrilled with the speed being twice as fast as before, but it should be much faster.  Any suggestions?
Message Edited by HammerJ on 02-20-2009 07:15 PM
0 Likes