Re: Ultimate 10 - 15 Mbps Plan yielding 5.8 Mbps
Bixbyte
Contributor - Level 1

NOPE, My VERIZON Actiontec MI 424-WR router with the 15 / 5 MegaBits per sec plan is clocking 20+ Megabits per sec.

All 3 of my laptops support 802.11 b g and n protocol.

My antique windows 98 desktops supports 802.11 b and runs great but I'll never use it. 

The Verizon router only supports b and g protocol.

At b and g protocol the maximum speed from router to laptop is 54 Megabits per second 

N protocol supports 150 Megabits.

But the catch is you usually need only 3 Megabits per sec at the laptop.

SO, the Verizon system with the Cisco TV box and the Actiontec router run are great.  

I was going to use my Belkin router that supports N protocol but it is not necessary.

Verizon service runs great.

In fact Verizon appears equal or better than Comcast. 

Surprise surprise 

0 Likes
LiquidFusion
Enthusiast - Level 2

My VERIZON Actiontec MI 424-WR router with the 15 / 5 MegaBits per sec plan is clocking 20+ Megabits per sec.

Are you on DSL or FIOS? A tech today ordered a replacement Westell modem. I've been using the Westell 7500 modem with no pblms for the 7.1 Mbps plan where I got 6.67 Mbps throughput. With the new upgrade, Verizon "capped" my DSL speed at just over 10 Mbps and I'm actually am getting slightly over 9 Mbps. Glad things worked out great for you!!! Any suggestions for helping me improve speed to reach near 15 Mbps are welcome.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

He's on FiOS. The ActionTec MI424WRs are routers, not modems. They can be used on the DSL Service but you have to purchase them from another source other than Verizon.

LiquidFusion, if you want to provide some Transceiver Statistics for us to see, that would be wonderful.

0 Likes