Unable To Upgrade My DSL Speed Because FIO$ Is In My Area
EnquiringMinds
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I recently wanted to upgrade my existing DSL speed from the 'Starter' package to the 'Power' package. Verizon is running a $27.99 special for a two year commitment. I first tried to make the upgrade on the web, but kept ending up on the FIO$ web page. I then called and called and called, spending some days talking to a myriad of representatives and they also found that the DSL service couldn't be upgraded because of FIO$ in the area. Today, a representative tried to 'manually override' the system to no avail. They pressed the issue and I was finally told point blank that if I wanted faster internet service I would have to switch to FIO$. I told them I would be happy to if they supplied the service for the $27.99 price, so we all had a real good laugh:smileywink:! Before I take all my business to the pot bellied cable guy, has anybody had a positive outcome on this issue? Your thoughts are appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Unable To Upgrade My DSL Speed Because FIO$ Is In My Area
Ridimann
Enthusiast - Level 1
OMG your complaining about having to get FIOS when it is like 100 times better than DSL.  I wish FIOS was n my area at least I would have a persistent connection on my internet.  GET THE FIOS way better!!!
EnquiringMinds

Always remember, technology is a tool and makes a terrible master. I have need for a little more bandwidth which would have increased my monthly cost about $8.00. Instead, Verizon wants to sell me a more expensive package with a number of things I don't need. With apologies to Thich Nhat Hanh, I offer the following internet gatha (adopted from his gatha about cars):

Before starting the browser, I know where I am going. The Web and I are one. If the connection goes fast, I go fast

0 Likes
Ham10214

I am reading these forums and thinking DSL is not all cracked up to be? Is this true?  Is it better than dial up?

0 Likes
EnquiringMinds
DSL is better than dial-up but is subject to some constraints, the biggest one being the distance from your location to the company office. Distance degrades service. I've had Verizon DSL for many years and have been very happy with the service. There are other options, such as cable and, if you live in one of the areas that has FIOS, you can get that. It all depends on your needs and pocketbook. Approach the decision from that perspective and see what works the best for you. I would sooner do without an internet connection altogether than go back to dial-up.
0 Likes