Unable to activate dsl account
frustrated1001

Very frustated with this issue.  My wife called as were were getting double billed for internet and they said that they will correct this.  A couple days after that my internet got disconnected.    Thought it was a glitch left for a day and called the next day (last week Thursday) and the rep said that will get us back online on Tue after talking to 2 reps and after like an hour and haff and that is the earliest they can get us back online eventhough it was a mistake on Verizon's part.    Saw the steady grean lights on my dsl modem on Sunday and thought that they might have done something already.  Got the verizon activation screen up in IE.  Tried a couple of times filling the information but at the end of the activation it said that it cannot activate the account.   Watied until yesterday Tuesday ( so now without internet for almost 6 days) and my wife called and spoke to a rep who said they will call her at 9:00 PM and nothing.  Called around 9:45 and went through the whole story again (this every time we called, don't understand why there is no history). and they almost refueed to pass us through to a supervisor.   Finally got supervisor on the line an he said that he will try to get a status for us and he asked to give him 15 min.and gave me a supervisor escalation group number where I can call him with a pin number.  Watied for 30 min and called the number and after putting pin got message that the office that I called is closed.   So called the 800 number again and was on the phone for almost an hour and half going through story again and finally after insisting to talk to a supervisor we said that he saw that the account is not activated and he will escalate this and gave another supervisor escalation group number with pin.  He said that the maintenance group is not in rigtht but is putting in their queue.   Got a message on our answering machine this morning indicating that the account has now been activated.   So my wife tried it again on the verizon activation screen and put her userid and password and when got to a 100 percent it again said that the account cannot get activated.    REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FRUSTRATED.   I know the connectivity is there as I can ping the websites in the DOS box like www.yahoo.com, so it is seems to be something that has our account locked somewhere.  

0 Likes