Unable to connect to a server
TravisDanielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, normally this wouldn't be a problem, but recently I have been unable to connect to the main game server I play on, and can't tracert on it. It doesn't resolve it. Now, I'm asking this here because two other people, BOTH with verizon internet, have the exact same problem, while anyone without verizon can access the site/gameserver fine. One has fios, and I along with another person have regular DSL. I can't connect to http://217.23.9.47/ucp/, and neither can they - It just says problem loading page, yet on proxies it works fine. Please help me solve this problem, as I along with the other two people are paying a money to play there, and I'm really thinking about switching ISP's if this is keeps continuing.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to a server
Paul1337

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your IP address is probably 'black listed' by the two sites you cannot connect too. That probably means at some point in the past (when the IP was unassigned), it was used in some sort of hacking attempt on the two sites (and probably others). You will have to contact the technical contact (generally available via whois) to get your IP address unblocked at those two sites, or wait until Verizon assigns that IP address to someone else (which could be a long time).

The reason the proxy connects, is the two sites see the proxy Ip address, not your ip address, and the proxy's ip address is not blocked.

0 Likes
TravisDanielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two of us are admins on the site, and we are very close with the server owner, so I don't think we are blacklisted. Three different people - One from Michigan, one from New Jersey, and one from Brooklyn New York - All of which have verizon internet cannot connect to the game server, or user control panel, while no one besides verizon ISP users are having this problem. Not 401 errors or that we're banned, it just times out. Now, the port of the game server is 7777, maybe verizon is blocking it or something?

Note: I've obviously resetted and restarted my router multiple times.

Also, I had been able to connect up until a few days ago, and I hadn't changed my IP at all - So for it to block every single IP that is used by verizon, when none of us could have done anything to the server (Atleast RECENTLY, it might be dynamic for them as you said), I think it might have something to do with the port.

Also, I have just sent an email to the host, I will wait for a responce from them too.

0 Likes
TravisDanielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

The host has stated that the IP's are not blocked or blacklisted.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You might try changing your DNS servers to something different. I've heard suggested that OpenDNS is a good way to go, but haven't tried it personally. I have occasionally set 4.2.2.1 or 4.2.2.2 as my alternate DNS server when I'm having trouble. If you need assistance in how to change these settings let me know. (Tech support *should* be able to walk you through it, but I certainly can't make any promises.)

If that doesn't work, do a tracert and post the results so we can start narrowing down the cause. (Preferably one from each location so we can see if there's a common server causing issues.)

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see what you mean.

#1 Did you try the true role play forum, and ask them

http://forum.trueroleplay.com/

?

#2 If so, what did they tell you?

0 Likes
TravisDanielson
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tracert

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5707/tracertn.png

I'll try to get theirs too. Also, the host says our IP's are not blacklisted.

0 Likes
Paul1337
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 When I last posted, I was not able to connect to that server. 😞

#2 But now, to the best of my knowledge I did not change anything, I can.

#3 After review of some of the threads on that forum, it seems that the server is having issues.

0 Likes