Use Westell 7500 and Westell 6100 @ same time?
oldschoolbob

Currently I'm using a Westell 7500  Modem/Router for our 3 PC's wireless internet connection. However where finding that PC the 7500 currently connected to noticeably faster than both the pc using a wireless adapter and my wireless laptop would like to know if I can use the Westell 6100 I have at the same time (connected to a separate phone line) on one of the other PC's without causing any problems? All three are running Windows Vista Home Premium.   

0 Likes
Re: Use Westell 7500 and Westell 6100 @ same time?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 Unless you have two different phone lines the answer is no.

By two different phone lines, I mean two phone numbers for your house.

^^

#2 What is the brand and model of the wireless NIC(s) for the PC and Laptop?

--

There are different kinds of Wireless NICs cards on how they connect to the computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

#1 PCI

#2 PC Card Adapter for Notebook Computers

#3 USB

#4 Built into the motherboard of the laptop. I forgot the name, but it starts with la

--

and here are some other stuff about wireless..

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

0 Likes
oldschoolbob

Thank you for your reply ...

I have a Marvell TOPDOG (TM) PCI-Express 802.11n Wireless (EC85) and a Realtek RT8101E Family PCI-FE NIC.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I do not know for sure, but that sounds like the PC where your connection is faster on.

What about the other PC?

And what about the laptop?
0 Likes
oldschoolbob

Once again thanks.

Actually that mentioned being of my Gateway laptop. Whereas both the 2 pc's (recent Dell) only having a Network Adapter (e.g.. - "oldschoolbob"), with one using the ZyXel USB adapter provided by Verizon. However in lieu of taking up more of your time, first thought my try buying a longer Ethernet cable affording the 7500 a more desirable/central location and see how that works. And will let you know either way ...

Bob

0 Likes
oldschoolbob

Buying a longer Ethernet cable and placing the 7500 in a more desirable/central location not helping whatsoever, again seek your advice for solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance,

Bob

0 Likes