Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Use Westell 7500 and Westell 6100 @ same time?

oldschoolbob
Contributor
Contributor

Use Westell 7500 and Westell 6100 @ same time?

Message 1 of 6
(7,249 Views)

Currently I'm using a Westell 7500  Modem/Router for our 3 PC's wireless internet connection. However where finding that PC the 7500 currently connected to noticeably faster than both the pc using a wireless adapter and my wireless laptop would like to know if I can use the Westell 6100 I have at the same time (connected to a separate phone line) on one of the other PC's without causing any problems? All three are running Windows Vista Home Premium.   

5 REPLIES 5
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Use Westell 7500 and Westell 6100 @ same time?

Message 2 of 6
(7,222 Views)
#1 Unless you have two different phone lines the answer is no.

By two different phone lines, I mean two phone numbers for your house.

^^

#2 What is the brand and model of the wireless NIC(s) for the PC and Laptop?

--

There are different kinds of Wireless NICs cards on how they connect to the computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

#1 PCI

#2 PC Card Adapter for Notebook Computers

#3 USB

#4 Built into the motherboard of the laptop. I forgot the name, but it starts with la

--

and here are some other stuff about wireless..

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

oldschoolbob
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(7,198 Views)

Thank you for your reply ...

I have a Marvell TOPDOG (TM) PCI-Express 802.11n Wireless (EC85) and a Realtek RT8101E Family PCI-FE NIC.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 6
(7,175 Views)
I do not know for sure, but that sounds like the PC where your connection is faster on.

What about the other PC?

And what about the laptop?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

oldschoolbob
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(7,153 Views)

Once again thanks.

Actually that mentioned being of my Gateway laptop. Whereas both the 2 pc's (recent Dell) only having a Network Adapter (e.g.. - "oldschoolbob"), with one using the ZyXel USB adapter provided by Verizon. However in lieu of taking up more of your time, first thought my try buying a longer Ethernet cable affording the 7500 a more desirable/central location and see how that works. And will let you know either way ...

Bob

oldschoolbob
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(6,943 Views)

Buying a longer Ethernet cable and placing the 7500 in a more desirable/central location not helping whatsoever, again seek your advice for solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance,

Bob

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title