Using Netgear Router - attempting to aquire WEP for additional computer
Rockerwife

I have been using another internet provider at our previous home until yesterday when we finally got Verizon DSL here at our new  home.  I am using my router from my previous location and so far I have no problem with the two computers that were previously using it.

I am attempting to connect a third computer which has never had a wireless connection which means I need to obtain the WEP key from the router.  I have gone thru the usual channels to obtain it but instead of getting access to Netgear, I am forwarded to Verizon's welcome page which includes "Main, My Network, etc."

I cannot either wirelessly or even being hooked directly (with my laptop) into the router, access the Netgear page which in turn will show me my WEP key under security. 

It seems the 192.168.0.1 takes me directly to verizon.  Any ideas?

Thanks much.  MIL would REALLY like her computer up and running.  🙂

RockerWife

0 Likes
Re: Using Netgear Router - attempting to aquire WEP for additional computer
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If 192.168.0.1 takes you to the Verizon modem/router, then try going to 192.168.1.1 for the Netgear. If you have both devices hooked up, then they probably have different IP addresses. If this fails, find your "default gateway" on one of the working computers and that should be the correct IP address.