VERY slow DSL - About to cancel service
huntered1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have VERY slow DSL connection through verizon....at least 10X slower than what I have from Optimum online.

I have rebooted PC and modem numerous times.

I have swapped out all cables (phone and cat5)

i have cleared all old network settings and internet cache.

The connection is PAINFULLY slow.

any other recomendations?   Verizon support is pretty useless.

0 Likes
Re: VERY slow DSL - About to cancel service
huntered1
Enthusiast - Level 2

seems like I am not alone.........what a joke verizon is.....i thought it was just their wireless support that sucked....guess i was wrong.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide some speed tests for us to see? How about some transceiver statistics as well?

0 Likes
huntered1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the response, but no thank you.  I followed all the online trouble shooting multiple time to no avail....other than I am on a MAC and the diagnostic tool seemed to be for PC only?  I also ran the Apple app to fine tune my connection..

unfortunately the horrendous service I have received in the last week, the total lack of knowledge and ownership by your phone staff  and the crappy attitude by your service rep who showed up at my house has driven me away.  Oh, that and the fact that its been a WEEK with no stable service.

got optimum coming to the house tomorrow at 5pm    Smiley Happy

0 Likes
hitmehhh
Contributor - Level 1

I agree customer service is terrible . Spent 3 on phone hours trying to solve a connection problem.T ech decided it was modem and said they were ordering me a new one for $40. The next day I got it working and contacted them about he new modem after waitng for the new one for a week,.It never arrived, and was supposed to arrive in 2 days. They had no record of a modem order. If the charge is on my bill there is going to be a big problem.

singulariti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have FIOS and it has come nearly to a stop.  This bloody Verizon.com site takes forever to go page to page.

0 Likes
zadnor

3 and a half hours on hold for support and never even got through to anyone. If there's a problem they should make a point of letting everyone know what it is and when it will be fixed. Unless, of course, the problem is that they suck. I thought it impossible that someone could rpovide service worse than AT&T – in fact I was going to get a new iPhone (now that it works with Verizon) but, given this, why bpther. AT&T sucks but they never kept me on hold for 3-1/2 hours. Even Comcast looks good by comparison.

0 Likes
poulinsherry

I agree with the slow service, terrible tech support. I've been a customer with Verizon for so many years, but the past year has been horrible. I was going to go with the FIOS, but I won't bother now seeing as how terrible they have responded to the slow DSL.. I'm going to pay the retarded out of contract payment and go with Comcast. I had the tech support run a speed test and he laughed that it would take 2388 minutes to download a 2 two hour movie. My friend did the test and it took 11 min on Comcast Cable. Thats a huge difference. Verizon?? catch up to the 21 century. Your dsl compares to dial-up and thats just sad

0 Likes
poulinsherry

Funny I'm seeing so many posts on Slow DSL. Verizon Care? nope because they still run their ads to HIGH speen interent. More like "slower then slow. I was going to go with FIOS but as slow as their DSL is, they're slower getting FIOS available to my area. So I'm going to pay the retarded out of contract price and get Comcast. My friend and I did the test here and for me to download a 2 hour movie it would take 2838 min and she would take 11 min on cable. That was enough for me. It's obvious with so many negative letters against the slow DSL and nothing being done. Verizon could care less about customer service. This customer isn't paying the high price for less then below standard product.

0 Likes
poulinsherry

Yep my suggestion would be to go Comcast cable

0 Likes