VZ DSL, NW Pennsylvania, Constant Disconnections/Latency Problems - if you are a PA resident, READ
nethead
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried for one year to get a technician to come out and look things over - first, it was just latency (300-900ms all hours of the day, plus extensive jitter.) Today, I tested my issues from the NID - lo and behold, I also get disconnected often from that, ruling out any inside wiring issue. I have two functioning 2750b routers, they both have the same problem.

Failing to get a technician to resolve the lossy, unreliable, $70/mo "high speed internet" service this time (I have reported it to verizon on the direct forum at dslreports) will result in a PUC, FCC and BBB complaint.

Remember, Verizon was provided BILLIONS in taxpayer subsidies during the BFRR program (specifically for rural service) - most which they handed to shareholders and used to roll out their overly priced wireless and fiber in urban areas. They have been lobbying extensively in PA to ensure they are never held accountable for their denial of service and lack of maintenance, but the Pennsylvania PUC recently ruled in the consumer's favor. If they get more complaints, we could see more rulings.

0 Likes
Re: VZ DSL, NW Pennsylvania, Constant Disconnections/Latency Problems - if you are a PA resident, RE
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When the technicans stopped by, did you happen to find out what sort of DSLAM you're tied into? I wouldn't be surprised if this were an Adtran  TA1248 IMA causing issues.

0 Likes
Re: VZ DSL, NW Pennsylvania, Constant Disconnections/Latency Problems - if you are a PA resident, RE
nethead
Enthusiast - Level 3

Smith:

What I've been told is that my DSLAM is not congested and is perfectly capable of higher throughput/better latency. The problem is further down the chain, in State College, PA, where supposedly VZ decided they would send everyone with DSL in NW/W PA through the same router/backhaul.

Whether this is accurate or not, I don't know.

I'm going to write up another post here. Giving VZ one more warning before I go to the FCC and PUC regulatory bodies. (Had to go to the BBB just to get a tree on the line cut down and my line moved to one that wasn't voltage spiking.)

-Nethead

0 Likes
Northwest Pennsylvania DSL, Latency/Throughput and Congestion
nethead
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does Verizon have plans to resolve the congestion issues on Verizon DSL in West/Northwest PA?

I ask because I have had multiple technicians inform me that we ("we" as in DSL subscribers in Northwest Pennsylvania) are all routed through state college, and I have looked through two years of forum posts here and on dslreports.com to find an alarming number of people in this area complaining about the same issue I face on a daily basis - low throughput and high latency (implying severe congestion on your network.)

In my case, these issues have been ongoing for over two years. I really think Pennsylvania subscribers deserve an answer to this.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nethead,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes