Verizion DSL is horrible, holding back speed on purpose.
TrustMe1

Well after years of using this DSL, Finally about to move on to cable with another company. Here's the short story.

We had verzion DSL for years, suppose to be high speed enhanced which they told us it will be 3.5mpbs. we never had 3.5mpbs, the highest it got was 2.84 or 2.70. But here's the interesting thing, central office is right down the street from us, so just a few weeks ago when someone ask me ' hey why are you paying 50 bucks for 2.84 speed, when i pay 35 dollars for 70mpbs? i said idk, so they said to call verizion and ask them about fios, well come to find out fios isn't in the area, but here's the most interesting part.

*ALL THIS TIME WE COULD OF HAD HIGH DSL SPEED *

But come to find out Verizion wasn't givng it to us. But let me back it up for a min, about 10 months ago someone from verizion turn down our speed from even lower then 3.5mpbs , well in our case 2.84, so we were getting 1.78 , i call 3 people and they all played dumb like they didn't know what was going on, so finally the 4th person said someone from the office turn down our speed without telling us, sigh lol.

Anyways, atm after talking to 16 people and 13 of them telling me we are able to get 7mpbs to 15, and the last 3 lying to us about how we can't get past 3mpbs, right now here is our speed: ------------->?6.2 Mbps Downstream 0.9 Mbps Upstream <-------------------so all this time we could of had this, but verizion wasn't honest with us and gave us 2.84-2.71mpbs speed. pretty shameful honestly.

But here's something else, WE STILL DON'T HAVE 6.2 DL and 0.9 Upload. Right now, the highest it gets is 5.34mpbs and 0.74 upload. You know why we get this? becasue verzion told us they are limiting our speed to do testing and it should be fixed, um 3 days ago. Obviously they still have our speed capped , sigh.  Bottom line: we was already told by the office we could get 7mpbs to 15mpbs, my guess on a DSL line it will get to around 13mpbs , but verizion doesn't want to give us this. And it seems like other people are having the same issue.

So here's whats going to happen. We are leaving Verizion in the next few days. Very shameful what verizon does IMO, Bye Bye soon 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Verizion DSL is horrible, holding back speed on purpose.
kgould01

now i only had dsl for like a month and i did a speedtest today and i had around 2.85 with nothing hooked up just the pc wired.

i think i have the highest plan which is 3.5 but when i hook atleast one wireless thing to the internet the speed drops below 1.0. i did a speedtest yesterday with 2 wireless devices and it was like .93.

0 Likes
Re: Verizion DSL is horrible, holding back speed on purpose.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes