quick menu

Verizon DSL High Ping won't fix Eastern PA

Verizon DSL High Ping won't fix Eastern PA

Contributor Doomdream
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(121 Views)

For the last few months we have been recieving very high amount of ping when doing a speedtest and well have ran pings to websites. So I decided to contact verizon about this issue and I was told it doesn't matter what the ping is telling you because as long as your getting the speed your paying for your fine. However when gaming and the ping is over 250ms on a speed time it will make everything you do slow down. This went on for a few months as I called several times a month to get this issue fix then they sent a tech out to fix the issue. He told me that everything looked fine and didn't know why he was here so I called them a bit later and in total I have had 4 techs come to my house. All of them but the last tech said everything looked fine. However the last tech told me that since it is very high ping I would need to contact verizon and they would need to fix it on their end. 

So last month when I called in they pushed my ticket to the engineer department and I got a phone call from someone. He told me that while looking at the net their was a huge issue but this issue wasn't due my home. He went into explain that the hub/box was over filled and he would need to push a email to the engineer in my area to see if they wanted to fix and do something about this issue. Then went on to tell me that because how many people are on the hub/box it is overfilled which in turn will be the main issue why you are having so many issues. Around 7pm every night a speed test will be over 250ms and until almost 1 am it will keep going up. The highest I have seen the speed test ping was 500ms. I was told there was only 2 things I can do at this moment in time either wait for a upgrade that might never come, or they will send someone to add to the hub/box to fix the issue. 

One of the biggest issues that came out of this was after the phone call the ms started to get worse at ealier times I will put a speed test in to show this issue. I only wish to have this issue fixed we have had to stop playing games as well in some cases watching videos because all they do is buff.

Speedtest 2/2/2019 ping 257ms 2.15 download 0.70 upload for some reason it wounldn't let me put the image in.

1 REPLY
Moderator Moderator
Message 2 of 2
(109 Views)

Hi Doomdream,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios