Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Verizon DSL Very Slow In The Morning Before 8AM And In The Evenings

kentislandgal
Contributor
Contributor

Verizon DSL Very Slow In The Morning Before 8AM And In The Evenings

Message 1 of 5
(7,943 Views)

My frustration level has just about maxed out.  The DSL service in the evening & in the morning is sooo slow.  I work from a home office so I know this is not just an occasional thing - -it's like clockwork - don't attempt to get on line until after 8AM or after 6PM.  This happens whether you are accessign the internet from a wireless laptop or a direct connected desktop.  I never had this problem with cable.  I have contacted support and have tried all their suggestions and I don't see an improvement at all.  Almost all of our computers are under 2 years old so it's not the age of the computer.  Very frustrating.  There are 2 of us that have home offices here and one college student so not having access in the evening or early morning is really inconvenient.

If I had Comcast where I lived I would go back to them in a heart beat.  I love my DISH Network so I don't want to go back to Atlantic Broad Band just to get my cable.

Using a Westell 7500 on Windows XP Operating Sytem

4 REPLIES 4
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Verizon DSL Very Slow In The Morning Before 8AM And In The Evenings

Message 2 of 5
(7,900 Views)
#1 UPnP in the router is turned off?

I am not sure where this setting is, since I do not have this router.. But I can guess.

In the the Advanced area?

The guess is based upon these two guides:

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WR/1st_SMTP_Server.htm

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Actiontec/MI-424-WRv2/1st_SMTP_Server.htm

#2 Since this is a wireless router, are you using any sort of Wireless Security?

This may be in: Wireless Setup or in Wireless Settings?

Like... WEP/WPA

?

#3 Post your modem status.

I do not where this is, but if I were looking for it..

... I would guess in the system monitoring area.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

AmAzePhotos
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(7,859 Views)
I have had this problem with Verizon for a very long time and their tech support is from the Philapines and very unhelpful!!! my internet complety went out yesterday not just slow and i finally had it with verizon i have to cancel i do not have internet more than i do!!! and Slowe DSL is worse than dial up?? Verizonn needs to get their stuff together they are losing tons of customers because of their bad service i don't know anyone with verizon anymore
kentislandgal
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(7,858 Views)

UPnP in the router is on

I have wireless security through verizon this weekend but just installed it and I've had this problem for months - actually every since I've had it

Modem stats:

When its slow:  34 mbps

48 mps

54 mbps

I couldn't even use it last night -- ridiculous.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(7,807 Views)
#1 Turn off UPnP in the router.

#2 What level of wireless security are you using?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title