Verizon DSL in Doswell, VA: Verizon promises broken = no DSL
whatzup

As an existing customer of Verizon (have been for years) with voice and wireless, we saw the DSL ad ($17.99/month) and ordered the service along with the modem that allows wif-fi in home. After receiving the modem from Verizon and being promised that DSL would be available on August 3, 2009, about a week later we were contacted by Verizon with a request to send the modem back or face being charged because DSL is not availble in our area. After sending the modem back, we have attempted to learn how to obtain DSL service at home. Verizon does not respond now except to say that DSL is not available in our area.

We are disgusted by the promise made (DSL by August 3, 2009) that Verizon has not kept.

At this juncture, we are considering going to another company that will provide us with the services that we desire and who will treat loyal customers with care, honesty and respect.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL in Doswell, VA: Verizon promises broken = no DSL
Tigertame4
I hear you. I live in upstate Pennsylvania. My parents live 2 miles from me and have DSL with Verizon. I have had the same experiance 4 TIMES. I even received MODEMS THEN was told no DSL.  Last October a neighbor found out about a thing where if a certain number of people request DSL then Verizon had to supply it within a year.  We all filled out the necessary forms.  About 3 months later I got a letter from Verizon. YEA DSL I thought. No it was a TOO BAD we now have TWO years to provide said service.  THANKS! It is SO annoying. 
0 Likes