Verizon DSL tech Repair status: incompetency
per2323

Due to storm on 6/23/15 that affected our area, modem DSL red light flashing and wifi out of service for high speed.  After online tech support, reboot and phone tests completed on 6/24/15, tech indicated cannot fix the issue and decided I needed Home Repair appointment.    The two male techs I spoke to on the phone to set up appointment were nearly inaudible with thick foreign accents that I can barely understand (another annoying issue).  

More frustration ensured when appt was made for 6/25/15 from 1pm to 5pm and I was told that the tech would call prior to arrival and also I asked that my account be noted to arrive no later than 4pm as I leave for work at that time.  I was assured  it was in the notes.

As 2pm quickly approached with no call, I contacted 1800VERIZON and inquired, I was assured that "you are next on the techs appointment ...  Again, not true and more frustration from Verizons incompetency..no phone call and no arrival....by 330pm, I had enough.   

I called and said to let the tech know that my time is valuable too...and cancel the apptment.  The phone service rep assured me she would call him and he would call me back, I said, "No more, he didnt call and he's not coming...just reschedule it!" More  mishandling ....she makes appt for Sat 6/27 at 11am to 2pm.. I call the phone automated service 15 minutes later to confirm it and it indicated I have an appt for sat 6/27 from 1pm to 5pm!! HUH?????     Called back and more apologies.

Verizon doesnt seem interested in cutting their waiting time nor their total incompetency! If someone wants to tell me why this incompetency has to occur, please feel free.  What a waste of time with nothing accomplished.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL tech Repair status: incompetency
per2323
Forgot to mention that wifi and DSL still out but verizon website shows no outages in our area while half of our city is out of service.
They call multiple times with voice messages of appointment times but cannot ever be in time or call when coming late.
Unacceptable and verizon should have a customer service website for contacting them other than a forum that doesn't resolve anything.
0 Likes