Verizon, Does YOUR equipment need service and upgrade? Not OURS? Please Help
lordthor20011
Enthusiast - Level 1
     Hello,

I used to have a pretty stable dial-up, then DSL, then DSL enhanced connection. But late this summer, my service has gotten horrible. In the evenings, I can get disconnected every 1 to 2 minutes or even get disconnected when I am trying to reconnect from the last disconnect.

I have a new modem/router from Verizon and have gone through all the standard troubleshooting suggestions given on this site.

I then began sifting through these forums and then posting about my difficulties.

Through the last several months it seems as though more people are complaining about the frequent internet slowdowns and disconnects. We've all been walked through the same steps.

Finally we are being told that these problems are happening during "high-traffic" times on the internet and nothing else is said.

I recently saw a post where a customer said they were told by a Verizon service technician that the problems are because Verizon's hardware needs to be upgraded to handle the larger amount of internet traffic.

I have rebooted and reset my modem many times. I've restarted my computer, run cleaning programs, cleared the DNS folder, and defragged. I've even changed the phone and Ethernet cables.

Verizon,

Will you please work on solutions on your end instead of saying everything is on OUR end?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Verizon, Does YOUR equipment need service and upgrade? Not OURS? Please Help
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems with your DSL service. Do you still need assistance with your internet? Reply back if so that way we can help.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon, Does YOUR equipment need service and upgrade? Not OURS? Please Help
lordthor20011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I still need assistance with my internet. I have done EVERYTHING that I can on my end.

During the day, my connection pretty good most of the times, but evenings and overnight, it's almost unusable. The connection lags and then always disconnects. And not once or twice, but 5, 10 or more times an hour. This happens in good weather or bad.

This problem is obviously an internet usage/traffic problem.

Verizon does not offer Fios in my area so HSI DSL is the only Verizon option.

What can be done to improve the service?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We had escalated this previously for you and your post was copied to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
lordthor20011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, I had no idea that this had been escalated and copied to the private boards, or how to find them.

0 Likes
cnp2982
Enthusiast - Level 1
In that case I would like my case escalated too please. I've been through an obscene amount of routers and about 60 hours on the phone with zero improvement. You could easily just bring the FiOS lines the extra half mile to hit all the houses on my end of the street. DSL is not capable of providing the speed I need to run my home business but I have no other option. Do I need to get the local government involved here or can Verizon support their own service properly?
0 Likes