Verizon Dryloop DSL prices skyrocketed
fromkn

I just fullfilled my 1 year contract where i was paying 26.99 for the 2nd tear of the DSL with no phone serrvice (Dryloop).  I received my bill for next month and they raised it to 41.99/month.  That is a 15.00 difference that I was paying on my contract.  I looked at their renewel page and the prices match so even if I renewed my contract I would still be paying $15.00 more a month.  Now I have been out of high school for 20 years so my math might be off a little, but this is what I figured: that is a 36% raise that comes out to be another 180$ a year.  Needless to say I am currently researching Comcast which at the moment seems it will cost me 29.99$ for 2Mbps w/security while Verizon's less than reliable Dsl service will cost me 41.99 w/an additional fee of 6$ if you want their security suite.  People get a clue start telling verizon where to go.  They are starting to foce additional fees on their wireless service too.   We have choices and need to start telling them that by sending our hard earned money elseware.  I wonder how many people don't notice the changes and just keep right on paying what verizon is asking for their rediculusly highly price mediocore services.  Thankfully my DSL is out of contract and I can cancel anytime and I will, but unfortunately my Wireless service with them still has till November unless I pay the Early Termination Fee, after that I will probably go to At&t or Sprint who has about the same coverage here as Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Dryloop DSL prices skyrocketed
EEEEEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a suggestion for you...call Verizon DSL and tell them what your plans are first before taking all the trouble of switching.  See if they can give you a better deal or at least match what you can get from Comcast.  You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Oh, and don't you think Comcast will do the exact same thing to you once their "introductory period" is up?