Verizon Dsl and customer service is abysmal
Fortyb4five
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last year now my dsl has constantly almost every single day connect and reconnected itself over and over. Call customer serivce, get put on hold for over 30 minutes and then what do they do ask me to change my freakin wireless channel almost every time or claim im too far away from the hub. Never once get any help. Now im turning to the forums after realizing there is one in hopes I can get some.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Dsl and customer service is abysmal
jonjones1
Legend

@Fortyb4five wrote:

For the last year now my dsl has constantly almost every single day connect and reconnected itself over and over. Call customer serivce, get put on hold for over 30 minutes and then what do they do ask me to change my freakin wireless channel almost every time or claim im too far away from the hub. Never once get any help. Now im turning to the forums after realizing there is one in hopes I can get some.

Verizon is getting away from copper lines (dsl) and although they should still support it they are trying to get people off it and on digital.

i can see it as progression progress and you may want to avail yourself of Fios digital fiber for your service. Call the business office or go online (from a friends house or on your cell phone if your service keeps cutting out) and see if the new services are available to you at your address. 

You may  be surprised and happier with the new technologies.

0 Likes
ALGAS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Constantly resetting modem, call center just resets wireless settings, which I have quit using.  Verizon is metering service and slows it down.  VERIZON has refused to accept monies, that was collected through taxes, to make promised upgrades to rural areas.  If we were in metropolitan areas we might have fios or better service.  Maybe complaints should be filed to FCC or other governing agencies!

bapop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem, too. I know our copper lines are deteriorating; one of the techs who has come out over the years told us as much.  However, we were informed that Verizon has no plans to install FIOS to our development, even though homes less than a mile away have it.  So now my only choices are DSL which drops constantly, or Comcast.  Believe it or not, the price for comcast (including TV! I've never paid for TV in my life - get dozens of channels with HD antenna here) is not that much higher than Verizon.  I'm ready to leave.

user364
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 15 years of frustration Verizon finally sent me a D-link modem and router.  Instead of 10 resets a day, I've had 10 days without resets.  The horrible, cheap Westell and Actiontec products they've been providing are the problem.  They tried to get me to pay $69 for it, but I told them to take a hike on that and they sent it for free.  I'd had over 200 calls to them through the years, and always paid my bill, so I guess they decided I deserved a "break today."

0 Likes