Verizon Error Disconnects My DSL and Changes My Phone Number
Brian942

Let me preface by saying that a week prior to this incident I received a call from a Verizon agent verifying an install, I advised the woman on the phone that she was mistaken and that Verizon has trouble when it comes to my street name and the same street name in the next town over. In fact my initial install was delayed by this confusion that Verizon can't seem to correct. She said "I'm glad I called so that we get this right".

On October 29th I arrived home and found my DSL off and when I called my cell phone from my house phone the caller ID displayed a different number. I called Verizon to find out that my service was turned off because some genius tried to install another customer over me and that I had to wait at least a week to have my DSL back. My dial tone was back in 24 hours.

I spent hours on the phone trying to get the disconnect cancelled but was told no. Why? Because it was already in the process... The same process that turned me off.

Al I can say is... Incredible stupidity succeeded again. I'm glad the person who called me a week before did such a good job. I'm so disappointed in Verzion.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still waiting for reconnect
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Brian, glad we were able to get the right people involved and get your DSL back. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. We have closed your private support case.

- Jose_VZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Error Disconnects My DSL and Changes My Phone Number
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brian942,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Still waiting for reconnect
Brian942

Still waiting at 5 pm... was told to wait until midnight as the order is "pending". Guess I'll be calling tomorrow. 

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Verizon-Error-Disconnects-My-DSL-and-C...

0 Likes
Brian942

Day 8, still no reconnect... Verizon tried to install at wrong address again.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Brian, glad we were able to get the right people involved and get your DSL back. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help. We have closed your private support case.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes