Switch Account

Verizon Firewall and Internet Explorer problem

Verizon Firewall and Internet Explorer problem

Contributor dpw
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(7,538 Views)
When I turn on the Verizon firewall my Internet Explorer will not work.  If I turn it off it works fine.  I can turn on the Windows firewall and leave the Verizon firewall off and everything works fine.  If I do this is my computer protected?  Thanks  dpw
1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(7,505 Views)
#1 If you want to use the Verizon Firewall, please make sure that the Firewall built into Windows is turned off.

If the Verizon firewall looks the guide as provided in this screen shot.

The first time that you run IE and try to go somewhere online, a message will come up.

Say allow, the message.

An example of the message, but not for IE is shown in

http://www2.verizon.net/micro/vissbusiness/pdf/VOL_UserGuide_firewall.pdf

on page 5.

If that does not happen, in this Firewall go to Preferences and make sure that there is a check is the box labeled "display connection notices".

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.