Verizon Scam Sales
Quantrill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had just about enough.

Some time back, notified Verizon to keep their neighborhood sales people away from my door.

What do I see this evening? Two  Verizon FIOS hucksters.
Why don't I want them here?

About a year ago, they showed up here with a story that DSL was being dropped and we needed to get signed

up for FIOS. We thought it might be a good deal, and signed up.

Only come to find out when I called in to get some more info, the whole story was bull**bleep**.

DSL wasn't going anywhere. We didn't "need" FIOS. So I cancelled it, told them not to install anything.

That went real well. They  cameout anyway and laid the fiber in my yard. When I told them to get lost

and take the **bleep** fiber with them, they left the coil hanging at the interface box.

And what do I hear tonight? DSL is going away and we need to get hooked up on FIOS.

Hey Verizon reps. If your reading this, guaranteed the FCC is getting an ear-full as well.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Scam Sales
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hate to say it but eventually those door-to-door salesmen will be right. See:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Pushing-Troublesome-DSL-Users-Toward-FiOS-118689

Articles like the above have been appearing for the last few years on many renowned technical sites. Areas where the copper is old and beat up are going to see DSL services no longer offered. Areas where FiOS is installed are going to see the DSL network struggle to provide bandwidth at night as seen in many threads throughout the Internet once FiOS shows up, and anyone who calls in reporting chronic DSL trouble are most likely going to be pushed to FiOS. Can't blame Verizon for doing so since copper's getting real expensive to maintain (plus it likes to get stolen!), on top of biting billions of dollars of investment being rejected by many. Any area not getting FiOS with chronic DSL troubles will most likely see a worse off wireless product.

Bearer of bad news, but if they eventually do force you to Fiber, see if they'll let you have their super secret package that is priced exactly the same as DSL but delivers more speed. If they can give you that, get it, but don't let them remove the copper connection from the pole to your home. That's still mandated to be there. Been waiting for years to get rid of my DSL yet FiOS has not shown up yet.

0 Likes
c_etude
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had verizon DSL for YEARS without a single issue then about a month ago I had problem after problem including "limited connectivity" (which means no internet).  Even after a guy came out and replaced my modem a week later it started up again.  The way they push FIOS I now believe they destroyed my DSL and made it crappy so I would switch to FIOS - it's too expensive for me, so I went on Brighthouse and got basic cable and low end internet for only $38 a month (total cost). Needless to say I dumped my dsl.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes