Verizon Turbo Dsl plan with Westell 6100 modem? Help?
ralletsport100
Enthusiast - Level 2
So I have a westell 6100 modem and on the 7th I upgraded my bundle i had 1 Mbps for Internet , verizon homephone freedom essentials, and Directv. Since fios is not available were I live. And my new bundle is Verizon Dsl 7.0-1 Mbps turbo plan, verizon essentials and directv for $115.00. My question is will my modem provison the speed correct? will it still work? Or do I have to buy a new modem? Thanks!. 🙂
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Turbo Dsl plan with Westell 6100 modem? Help?
ralletsport100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley HappyThank You! I called Verizon and they agreed to give me a modem/wireless router free! its a Actiontec Gateway GT704WGB in black. Thanks Again!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

If you have been using the 6100 previously then the modem should sync to the new speed automatically.  If yareou still using an old style flat phone cable from the jack to the modem it may not be capable of the faster speed.  The round tan colored cable which originally was supplied with the modem would be the one to use.  I moved up recently from 3 to the turbo 7.1 via ASDL2plus and found that Verizon at my location has capped the speed at about 5.5.  Their out is to say speeds up to 7.1.

ralletsport100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley HappyThank You! I called Verizon and they agreed to give me a modem/wireless router free! its a Actiontec Gateway GT704WGB in black. Thanks Again!!

0 Likes