Verizon Wifi/Router connectivity temporarily stops
michaeljpascale

I am having a problem with my new verizon wifi/router combo. I have great signal strength but every minute or so, for about 5 seconds, I lose all connectivity. For example, I will be on a skype video call with great signal and after a few minutes of talking there internet cuts out. After about 10 seconds it goes back on. I have noticed the same issue when i am downloading something on a torrent for example, where the connectivity strength of the dowload will fluctuate upwards, then go down to zero. It is not only my laptop that has the issue. my friends laptop, after connecting to my wifi, has the same errors. I contacted verizon yesterday who did a "share screen" repair. I believe they updated my routers settings? But after it was finished it still wasnt working correctly. Does anyone know why this is happening and what i can do to fix it? Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wifi/Router connectivity temporarily stops
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@michaeljpascale wrote:

I am having a problem with my new verizon wifi/router combo. I have great signal strength but every minute or so, for about 5 seconds, I lose all connectivity. For example, I will be on a skype video call with great signal and after a few minutes of talking there internet cuts out. After about 10 seconds it goes back on. I have noticed the same issue when i am downloading something on a torrent for example, where the connectivity strength of the dowload will fluctuate upwards, then go down to zero. It is not only my laptop that has the issue. my friends laptop, after connecting to my wifi, has the same errors. I contacted verizon yesterday who did a "share screen" repair. I believe they updated my routers settings? But after it was finished it still wasnt working correctly. Does anyone know why this is happening and what i can do to fix it? Thank you

1. Does this also happen if you are wired to the router?

2. What other devices do you have on your network?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wifi/Router connectivity temporarily stops
michaeljpascale

I have not yet tried to plug in the laptop to the back of the router with the ethernet cable. I will definitely try that tonight. However, I need the wifi more for mobility around the house.

Secondly, only my laptop and a seperate IPAD utilize the network. it is password protected so no neighbors can use it

0 Likes