Re: Verizon calls my legitimate email "SPAM"
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bobwithano wrote:

Yes, here it is:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Welcome To LaborGalore.com!',

#1 Are you trying to send a confim message to the person who tried to sign-up?

#2 Or did you already send a confim message to the person who tried to sign-up, and they confimed that they really want your mail?

This means that you are using Confirmed opt-in for mailing lists.

that is addrressed at.

a) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-spam_techniques

b) http://www.spamhaus.org/mailinglists.html

c) http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=Marketing%20FAQs

0 Likes
ursa-1
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am having the exact same problem. i changed the port to 587 several weeks ago and everything worked fine up until yesterday when some, but not all, of my outgoing emails were blocked as spam. i spent hours with tech support and got no satisfaction even though a supervisor "elevated" the problem. when i went to webmail, i got the same blocked as spam result. but not on a simple one that only included the word "test". so it is a function of the content of the message. none of my emails are spam. i also forwarded two examples to the spam analyzer people and haven't received a reply. the problem continues as i am still blocked as spam today. NO ONE AT VERIZON SEEMS TO GIVE A CRAP!

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@ursa-1 wrote:

i am having the exact same problem. i changed the port to 587 several weeks ago and everything worked fine up until yesterday when some, but not all, of my outgoing emails were blocked as spam. i spent hours with tech support and got no satisfaction even though a supervisor "elevated" the problem. when i went to webmail, i got the same blocked as spam result. but not on a simple one that only included the word "test". so it is a function of the content of the message. none of my emails are spam. i also forwarded two examples to the spam analyzer people and haven't received a reply. the problem continues as i am still blocked as spam today. NO ONE AT VERIZON SEEMS TO GIVE A CRAP!

When you send a message to spamdetector.update@verizon.net, you will not receive a response. This is stated clearly on the FAQ page reference in the error. http://www.verizon.net/spamfaq

Please see my earlier post in this thread for some things you can try.

0 Likes
TallGuy2

My experience with Verizon's spam filters is that they will block a message if it contains a URL that their secret filters have decided constitutes spam.  Try sending a message to yourself with no content except a URL from the blocked message to see if that triggers it.

Some examples of URLs that were blocked:

www.pegmedia.org

www.NationalEvacuationConference.org

http://baby-abroad.blogspot.com/

http://www.highspeedrail2009.com/ 

I did not perceive any reason why any of these should be blocked.  I am still trying to get the last one freed up.

If they block outgoing messages with a banned URL, I will learn about it right away when the message is bounced right back.  The big problem is with incoming messages, because I have no way of knowing what is not making it through.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@TallGuy2 wrote:
If they block outgoing messages with a banned URL, I will learn about it right away when the message is bounced right back.  The big problem is with incoming messages, because I have no way of knowing what is not making it through.

Set your Spam Detector to save spam to your spam detector folder. Then you can check for any legit messages and mark them as "not spam."

0 Likes
jimmychen714

I don't want to state the obvious, but couldn't you try using another email account?

0 Likes
Kh-Phil
Moved to Email for greater exposure
0 Likes
Re: Can receive but not send from my Pop3 account using Outlook 2007
rfc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am now unable to send emails using my pop3 account via Outlook 2007 through Verizon, but I can receive emails from my pop3 and also receive and send via my verizon account via Outlook. I changed port 25 to either 26 or 587. No difference. I have been on the phone with Verizon tech support 3 times in India and they too have taken control of my computer and checked and re-checked  my mail settings.   When I tell them that the  verizon server is blocking my outgoing mail, they deny that as a possibility.  This is a REAL problem as my pop3 account is for my business and I rely on Outlook as my email client.  I do not send spam ever and so Verizon, in its attempts to solve spam problems, is making matters worse.  Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.

0 Likes
rfc2
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is not the point.  Pop3 accounts are emails addressed to businesses and so changing and email account is obviously NOT an option.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@rfc wrote:

I am now unable to send emails using my pop3 account via Outlook 2007 through Verizon, but I can receive emails from my pop3 and also receive and send via my verizon account via Outlook. I changed port 25 to either 26 or 587. No difference. I have been on the phone with Verizon tech support 3 times in India and they too have taken control of my computer and checked and re-checked  my mail settings.   When I tell them that the  verizon server is blocking my outgoing mail, they deny that as a possibility.  This is a REAL problem as my pop3 account is for my business and I rely on Outlook as my email client.  I do not send spam ever and so Verizon, in its attempts to solve spam problems, is making matters worse.  Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.

That is not the point.  Pop3 accounts are emails addressed to businesses and so changing and email account is obviously NOT an option.

For the umpteen billionth time... You can use a different SMTP server to relay mail, and the recipient can't tell the difference. It doesn't matter whether the deliveryman drives a Jetta or a Mini Cooper, the package is the same.

0 Likes