Verizon drops speed without informing customers
kent318
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I was getting 3 meg till we had a storm and the internet went out.My bill says 3 megs but they will not give it to me.They keep saying I can't get it now.Funny it was getting it before it went down.So now I can't even watch hd video because they wanted to save 2 bucks on a cheaper line.then when I call in about it they said that I was at 745 k or something like that.I wish someone could tell me what the hell is going on.I guess I'm going to look into alt. ISP services,I would suggest if you are having speed problems you do the same.Because verizon billing and tech support is a bad joke.Maybe this is why so many are having a problem with there speeds.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon drops speed without informing customers
dc1018
Enthusiast - Level 2

i believe that Verizon Service Customer Service is THE WORST in the business ever!!

whoever is in charge of CUSTOMER SERVICE, Relations, SERVICE, Support.  Customer Realations.  IT IS BY FAR THE WORST OF ANY COMPANY EVER!

I COULD COME IN THERE, I WOULD PROBABLY FIRE A GOOD 50% OF YOUR STAFF.  THEN THE REMAINING 50% WOULD GET A REAL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO TREAT A CUSTOMER AND HOW TO KEEP CUSTOMERS HAPPY.  REALLY, THE PERSON IN CHARGE SHOULD LOSE THEIR JOB AND PLAY GOLD FULL TIME!

0 Likes
kent318
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL,Yeah the only time they are helpful is when they are selling something.My G-friend works for AT&T tech support.It's the same crap over there.I guess the recession has not taught these rich DB's anything about business.Thanks for the reply.

Sassievixen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've actually had verizon since the 2nd month they offered DSL.  Their support used to be amazing, you always had tech support that knew what they were talking about and didnt waste your time.  They didnt have to look up in books what to say or how to say it or what steps to take.  That lasted a few years and then this mess of what they consider support started to happen.  You would think that the more money they make the more they would want to keep hiring CS Agents like they used to.  If our Cable was as good as when verizon is at its best I would switch in a heartbeat.  But right now Verizon is the best for our area.  I used to recommend Verizon to everyone because of how good their support "USED TO BE".   

I was just laughing when I noticed that they offer "Pay For" Premium Support, rofl, yeah right!  They should pay me for dealing with it.

kent318
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed,I was also a strong supporter of Verizon.After all they have put me through I have had it.I'll probably stay just because they are the local monopoly.As soon as someone Makes a better offer though I'll take it.It's hard to be upset when you live in the country but I'm not 5 miles from town right down the street from the local power plant.If the power company isn't online why all the fuss about the president taking over the internet at will?They were the best you could get though at one time just seems the last couple years have seen them steadily degrade.Now even if you get someone who really wants to help they end up getting stonewalled.Oh yeah and it's now 8 pm and still no call back from the supervisor who scheduled one yesterday at 6 tonight.Of course that's not the first time that's happened.

0 Likes
hbxdjinn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon DSL customer for approx. 5yrs.  The DSL service has been getting worse and worse every year.  When I started the service I would get 3Mb All day and night.  As of this second I can't even manage to get over 500Kb let alone 3Mb.  Verizon you have let us down as a community and as a Service provider.  Hopefully when your FIOS service rolls around we won't be having this same exact problem.

If this still happens I am willing to spend the extra money and switch to cable service.

kent318
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ouch I'm so sorry that is too much of a speed decrease to be paying for.I would make them come out and check the line also check the inside line from you're PC to the wall they tend to get old would love to be able to get roadrunner or something but being in the country severely limits me.I hope you get you're service that you deserve no one should have to go through this for a service they pay for.But hey at least I don't feel as bad about it taking 15 min. to buffer a video,at least I can get them.I don't hear good things about fios either though I heard it's kinda dead in the water they aint even putting any lines in anymore are they?

0 Likes