Re: Verizon had Throtled my Upload Speed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks. That speed is awfully low on the upstream sync. Please post the entire status page for "DSL Status" or "WAN Status" that displays information such as attenuation, SN Margin, Errors, and so fourth. Remove anything that shows your IP address, a MAC Address, or your PPPoE user information.

0 Likes
markstvn
WAN Status Connection StatusConnection Status
Broadband:CONNECTED
Internet Service Provider:CONNECTED
PPP StatusPPP Parameter Status
User Name:xxxxxxxx
PPP Type:PPPoE
LCP State:UP
IPCP State:UP
Authentication Failures:0
Session Time:0 Days, 3H:47M:11S
Packets Sent:374566
Packets Received:405776
Broadband StatusBroadband Parameter Status
VPI:0
VCI:35
Broadband Mode Setting:ADSL2+
Broadband Negotiated Mode:ADSL2+
Connection Status:CONNECTED
Downstream Speed:3360 Kbps
Upstream Speed:304 Kbps
Retrains:0
Retrain Timer:0 Days, 3H:47M:38S
ATM QoS class:UBR
Near End CRC Errors Interleave:0
Near End CRC Errors Fastpath :N/A
Far End CRC Errors Interleave :5
Far End CRC Errors Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Near End CRC Interleave :0
30 Minute Near End CRC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Far End CRC Interleave :0
30 Minute Far End CRC Fastpath :N/A
Near End RS FEC Interleave :0
Near End RS FEC Fastpath :N/A
Far End RS FEC Interleave :0
Far End RS FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Near End FEC Interleave :820
30 Minute Near End FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Far End FEC Interleave :2517
30 Minute Far End FEC Fastpath :N/A
30 Minute Discarded Packets Downstream :0
30 Minute Discarded Packets Upstream :0
SNR Downstream :12 dB
SNR Upstream :9 dB
Attenuation Downstream :58 dB
Attenuation Upstream :34 dB
Power Downstream18.2 dBm
Power Upstream12.1 dBm

Copyright © 2011 Actiontec 
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have a line problem. Your upstream margin is very low, which is also affecting your overall upstream speed.

If you have a landline, do you notice any noise, humming, or buzzing on the line?

If you have access to a NID, consider connecting your modem up temporarily to the NID to see if the speed improves. Newer NIDs have test jacks that make this easy, and disconnect the home's wiring while in use. Older NIDs often require a temporary jack to be wired, and the home's wiring to be manually disconnected before connecting the modem.

If speeds are improved at the NID, this is signifying a problem within your home. If the speeds are not, you will need Verizon to come out and repair the line.

0 Likes
markstvn

Thank you for a real answer.  Last year I couldn't get anything up or down.  Finally after exhausting calls to support which , treated me like I was an idiot, I got a few service calls for the wire.  The problem is outside at the pole.  It has been severed by a car 2 times in 2 years and replaced twice.  On at least 4 occasions someone came out.  3 out of 4 pulled up to the pole, tweaked the wires for 3 minutes and drove away.  If I hadn't looked out the window I wouldn't have even known they were here.  One guy was pretty nice, I actually met him.  Since the line was fixed I got about what I was supposed to get for about a year, around 3 down and about 768 up.  It is only recently that the upload has dropped to 250

When I called on the phone this time, the rep in India told me the speeds I was getting were within the acceptable parameters for my service, which she told me was 1.1 megs down and .25 up for Enhanced DSL.  When I tried to explain to her I was subscribed to 3 meg Enhanced DSL she argued with me, and asked me if I wanted to speak to termination of service after having this line for 23 years, and DSL on it for 15.  I am not on a 1.1 meg plan, she told me to look at the speeds on the bill.  The bill doesn't give speeds, it is listed as enhanced DSL.  I know for a fact that this line will support 3 plus megs down and 768 up.  The problem is not in my house, someone hit the telephone pole with a car on two different occasions.  The Gas & Electric Company generally has to rewire the phone, since Verizon won't send somebody out after an incident like this if you have any phone serice at all.

The chances of me getting someone to come out to fix this problem are slim to none, and the aggravation factor is through the roof.  I pay $80.00 a month for this service, and don't even use the line this is on for voice purposes, it was originally a second fax line I have had for 20 plus years.

I'll say it again, and anybody on this forum who thinks I am difficult can think what they want.  Verizon phone reps are horrible.  Getting a line person to your house is like climbing Everest without oxygen.  The ones that came to my house 3 out of 4 times didn't even knock on the door.  I hate this company, and would switch to something else (other than capped Home Fusion or Satelite) if it were actually available.

I would love to get this fixed, but the answer is that it isn't bad enough for Verizon to care about.  Since it is upload and not download, I'll just live with it for now.  Absolutely horrible company, horrible service, ridiculous offshore support.

If anybody has an suggestions as to how to go about getting this fixed, I would love to hear them.

0 Likes