Verizon is a rip off and the worst service I have ever had, your bill will keep going up
SH110

After being frustrated with the expense and bad customer service of Spectrum, I switched to Verizon's wireless internet service (and regional landline phone service).

I was told my bill would be $53 per month. I even specifically asked if it included service fees and taxes and was told YES, my bill would never go above $53

That was a lie from the very beginning. An extra $15/month was put on my bill in fees.

Now they are tacking on $3.49 more a month for a Gateway service fee. When I questioned it (as they insist I added it) I am told it is a maintenance plan for my router.

Except I purchased the router outright in full from them and paid full price.

So there is no need for this plan, as it does nothing for me, but they will not let me waive the fee. It may only be $3.49 but my bill is now $20 a month, almost 50%, above what I was promised.

Which would be fine if the service actually worked. It is hands down the worst service I have ever experienced. We can't even watch TV anymore as all it does is lag and buffer. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support and they say nothing is wrong. I am so depserate I am now having to hard wire all my devices and hope it makes any sort of difference.

I am so disgusted with all of this and Customer Service does not care one bit

I will be switching. What a rip off and waste of time and horrible, horrible customer service

Good riddance

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is a rip off and the worst service I have ever had, your bill will keep going up
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SH1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.