Verizon is playing some funny games?
JoyBoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an issue with my HSI, contacted Verizon and had the issue resolved relatively quickly.

see  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/Intermittent-HSI-connection-Line-atten...

The repair man said my line was "pristine" so I expected no more problems.

I was a very happy camper until today (a day later) when my speed dropped again.   This time to 1/3 the speed I had the day before.

I contacted verizon again via chat.  They did some "tests".  A few minutes they wanted to take over my computer to "check some settings".  I said no, I can tell you what you need to know,  Then they said they would send me a new modem.  I said no I do not need a new modem.  I have a new modem an it was working fine yesterday.  I said just reset me to 3Mbps and turn off the bloody "OPTIMIZER" (see my post link above).   They then "escalated" the issue to the network team.  The chat session timed out.... I got a call moments later saying they turned the issue over to the network team and the issue would be resolved within 24 hrs.  It was 10 minutes later that my speed was back to nearly what it was before.

My gut tells me they are deliberately throttling bandwidth.  Most users would not notice, sending email and looking at facebook. 

I am considering contacting a consumer advocate to investigate.  Are others finding the same, their speed slowing down and told that it has been optimized for what the line can handle when they know they had better speed previously?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is playing some funny games?
JTMack11

Yes.  I have FiOS everything.  They just did an update which I was completely unaware would be occurring.  A tech had to come b/c I wasn't able to view recorded shows on a different set top box.  Problem resolved.  However, the next day I just happened to notice that my multi-room DVR was stating my storage was 97% full.   What?!?  Just a week ago it was around 60-70% full and nothing new had been recorded.

I have a QIP7232 / A386 / 014 / 500 model.  I'm quite certain it has 500GB of storage.  Everything I've read online says that should equate to about 60 HD hours.  I currently only have 21 HD hours recorded (no SD).

This is ridiculous!  They are constantly bombarding me with advertising to "expand" my DVR storage for additional fee.  They've just highjacked my 500GB DVR, essentially turning it into a 125GB DVR so that I'll pay more for more storage.

Anyone else experiencing this???

0 Likes
mikewiz1962
Enthusiast - Level 2
Like you, I have been experiencing slow DSL speeds since the last month. Since the very beginning, I have suspected it was a throttling issue. I am going to be leaving the service as I need a proper ISP and verizon can't provide it to me.
0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

We all need to join together and do you know what.  Verizon is doing this all over the place and it's fraud.

mikewiz1962
Enthusiast - Level 2
Agree. I think social media is quick and good way of getting action on this issue.
0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes