Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Verizon "craming" -- Adding products never ordered

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Verizon "craming" -- Adding products never ordered

Message 1 of 4
(5,876 Views)
This is a FYI post just to let folks know of some of Verizon's practices.

A few days ago, Verizon "crammed" my account by adding two products I never ordered:  Verizon Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak and Security and Backup Bundle.  Took me three phone calls to cancel these products.  I subsequently filed a formal complaint with the FCC and sent a complaint letter to Verizon.  Of course, i will not pay any charges associated with these products.

Note that one must call 800-567-6789 to handle this type of problem.  The regular Verizon residential services number does not deal with DSL billing.

So  a word to the wise.  Check your Verizon email often -- that is how I found out about this scam.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Verizon "craming" -- Adding products never ordered

Message 2 of 4
(5,866 Views)

Did you install the service yourself?

because when you put that CD in your computer and follow the onscreen prompts, im pretty sure there is a check box that you either click or unclick that orders the games/starz package. If you just did it as fast as possible without actually reading what you are clicking, then you may have inadvertantly signed yourself up for it.

... and by the way, i like turtles
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(5,851 Views)
Hi , this happened to me also. I never ordered the stuff but did cancel them. Security was one of them.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(5,784 Views)

An addition to my original post --

I never used the Verizon CD -- just downloaded the software.  Also, I was not even using my computer the day that Verizon illegally ordered these two products for my account.  I just happened to check my Verizon email two days after the event which is how I discovered the cramming.

My general opinion of Verizon:  I like their DSL product - high marks.  But Verizon service is terrible.  Their DSL folks in India are not very knowledgable.  Unfortuantely I have no choice - there is no other DSL in my location.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.