Verizon "craming" -- Adding products never ordered
David_3
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is a FYI post just to let folks know of some of Verizon's practices.

A few days ago, Verizon "crammed" my account by adding two products I never ordered:  Verizon Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak and Security and Backup Bundle.  Took me three phone calls to cancel these products.  I subsequently filed a formal complaint with the FCC and sent a complaint letter to Verizon.  Of course, i will not pay any charges associated with these products.

Note that one must call 800-567-6789 to handle this type of problem.  The regular Verizon residential services number does not deal with DSL billing.

So  a word to the wise.  Check your Verizon email often -- that is how I found out about this scam.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon "craming" -- Adding products never ordered
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

Did you install the service yourself?

because when you put that CD in your computer and follow the onscreen prompts, im pretty sure there is a check box that you either click or unclick that orders the games/starz package. If you just did it as fast as possible without actually reading what you are clicking, then you may have inadvertantly signed yourself up for it.

0 Likes
flody1
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi , this happened to me also. I never ordered the stuff but did cancel them. Security was one of them.
0 Likes
David_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

An addition to my original post --

I never used the Verizon CD -- just downloaded the software.  Also, I was not even using my computer the day that Verizon illegally ordered these two products for my account.  I just happened to check my Verizon email two days after the event which is how I discovered the cramming.

My general opinion of Verizon:  I like their DSL product - high marks.  But Verizon service is terrible.  Their DSL folks in India are not very knowledgable.  Unfortuantely I have no choice - there is no other DSL in my location.

0 Likes