Verizon speed problems. people in here Stuck at 3mpbs
TrustMe1

edited.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon speed problems. people in here Stuck at 3mpbs
Not applicable

At the point, I think I would be ecstatic to get 3 Mbps.  When I first agreed to this plan years ago, I was supposed to get the highest speed available which I think was in the 7 - 15 Mbps range.  I never got that but it was like pulling teeth to get any help.  The last time I tried, some put in an order for FiOS after I repeatedly told them I was not interested and I ended up with no phone or internet access for more than a week, so I finally gave up and settled for what I had because it was sufficient for my needs.  Over the years, the speed has steadily dropped as the push toward FiOS has steadily and very aggressively increased.  Although I have never changed it, my account now says that my speed is supposed to be 3.1 - 7 Mbps and, of course, there is no record to be found anywhere that it was ever any higher than that.  Now my speed has dwindled to a consistent download speed of .40 to .41 Mbps and a consistent upload speed of .77 Mbps, so to get to 3 Mbps would mean a 6X increase for me.  As slow as it is right now, it's practically impossible for me to even pay my bills or check my email, so I'm seriously considering dropping Verizon for good. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon speed problems. people in here Stuck at 3mpbs
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello sgoff61

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes