Verizon tech support is the worst I have ever dealt with!!
Anjo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue is my internet hiccups every now and then, no real pattern.  I will lose sync, my dsl light will start flashing, then it reacquires sync and is fine.  The whole thing happens within about 5 - 10 seconds but long enough to interferer will what I am doing.

Verizon has been out and replaced my demarc box and cleared up my line.  I had them send me out a new modem, Actiontech GT784WNV because verizon chat told me I am not allowed to use 3rd party hardware.

My communication has been through chat. I prefer to have things said to me and what I am told to do in writing.   Yesterday 07/07 I had agents and chat supervisor, a supervisor named Vijay, end chats during the middle of trouble shooting.  I had a supervisor call me only to be treated rudely, he refused to provide me with his info and hung up on me.  I contact chat back to have every chat ended.  I could write paragraphs on my awful tech support experience. 

Verizon refuses to wire my modem directly into the demarc box to prove its nothing in my house.  They refuse to check switches or anything else at the central office.

Its frustrating enough to have connection issues, compound that with a tech support staff that openly and blatantly throws it in your face that they don't care and I am now a furious customer.

Re: Verizon tech support is the worst I have ever dealt with!!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Anthony,

Please continue to monitor the service and let us know any updates in a new post. Please fell free to reach out to us or call the DSL agents for any other questions.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
Anjo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I lost sync just now,  10/04/2013  6:20pm.  Looks like we are right back to where we left off.  Please remember that my modem is now hard wired directly to the demarc box bypassing all internal wiring.  So now what will you be doing to resolve this?

0 Likes
Anjo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had just heard on the radio that there was a big storm and power outage in my area, I heard the storm but was not affected by the outage.  It appears to be around the time my internet went out, so I will chalk this up to the storm and keep an eye on my signal.

0 Likes