Verizon wants more money to provide what I already pay for!?
Stripes1
I subscribe to the Enhanced Speed DSL service. The speeds advertised for my plan are 1.1 to 3 Mbps download.

For the years I have had this service, my Westel 7500 connects between 2.1 - 2.5 download. After a service outage taking 6 days to resolve my download speed is 1.500 Mbps (those zeros will have meaning shortly).

When I questioned Verizon tech support, I am told I am capped at this speed under my plan and they connect to to billing.

Billing tells me I am not capped (remember those zeros - I never had an even speed like that before) but they may be able to get me to 3 Mbps if I spend $5 per month extra to go from dry loop to getting a dial tone I will never use.

I patiently explain how unethical if not dishonest (did you know Verizon is derived from the Latin word for truth - veritas?) it is to accept my money for a plan Verizon is not willing to provide the services for without more money.

Now before the Verizon fine print experts start their comments, let me say the range of download speeds has always been advertised as dependent on the distance from the customer to the central office. Or is it now being expanded to see how much more the customer is willing to pay?

So, Verizon are you willing to do the stand up thing or should I look elsewhere for Internet access?
0 Likes
Re: Verizon wants more money to provide what I already pay for!?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds to me like someone is trying to pitch a landline to you which will really cost more than $5 additional a month, in an effort to either make a sale or as a part of some policy to kill dry loop DSL.

In short, if you're paying for Enhanced, you pay for anything up to 15Mbps as you've mentioned. Please keep working with Verizon, refusing the landline, since the problem is not a billing issue, but is a technical issue. If you run into problems or would rather speak with someone who I know can help, just let me know and we'll get this straightened out.

0 Likes
Stripes1
Please let me know the person I should speak with. Thanks!
0 Likes
Beau40

You should switch to WOW! internet. Faster, cheaper, and nicer people. Verizon has terrible customer service.

0 Likes