Virus sucked away my gigs and can't get anyone on the phone for customer support!
jshell

I discovered last Friday that my gig usage went from 3.5 to 6 from 9:30pm till midnite, when the monthly usage restarts. At .25/mb over the 5 gig limit, that is $250! The internet was not even running. There is a virus that is secretly opening new windows. This is hidden, so it went unnoticed until Friday when I logged on and I was informed of the usage.

I have been calling Verizon all afternoon, and still can't get someone who can help me. I get caught in loops, get transferred to incorrect departments, and have even been disconnected because apparently too many people are calling their callcenter and it's burning up their phone lines.

What am I supposed to do? It makes me sick that I pay $60/month for only 5 gigs, and now THIS.

0 Likes
Re: Virus sucked away my gigs and can't get anyone on the phone for customer support!
jshell
And yes, I've tried all afternoon to chat with an online tech, but there is a problem with that as well. I keep getting error messages that ask me to try again. Smiley Mad
0 Likes
Re: Virus sucked away my gigs and can't get anyone on the phone for customer support!
Herbz3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whats the virus name (if you scanned for the virus and removed it)?

I'm not aware of any viruses that download that much data in that amount of time (viruses are made to be discreet, so you won't notice them).

Its more likely you were unwittingly put into a botnet .... (or you left a torrent or something running.....)

0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1
Call 1 800 922 0204
0 Likes