Re: Washington, DC ADSL Bandwidth Drops Below 2 Mbps with Ping Over 200 ms Every Evening
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

A technician was dispatched to the local central office and conducted a port change. I've had fairly stable bandwidth since of just under 7 Mbps- which is the upper limit of the tier I am subscribed to and the upper limit of what is available in my area.

0 Likes
Re: Washington, DC ADSL Bandwidth Drops Below 2 Mbps with Ping Over 200 ms Every Evening
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke too soon. Performance has been dropping all evening. See inline images. I'm down to under 3 Mbps with a ping of 59 ms.

0 Likes
SEDC20003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in DC too and for past 2-3 weeks have experienced a drastic DROP in my DSL "High Speed Internet." Calling Verizon gets me to "Service" Agents in India, who have little conception to fix the problems, always saying "I'm Sorry" and calls end up lasting 45 minutes with no resolution. It's FRUSTRATING, seems they purposely AVOID writing up Trouble Tickets to dispatch to local Verizon.  I've had Verizon DSL for 10 years and each time when Problems happen... Contacting Verizon gets WORSE. 

0 Likes
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can get better than this with cable...and Comcast is calling it out in their advertising as they bash the ups and downs of DSL in Washington, DC.

0 Likes
DC_Guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solution: Canceled Verizon Internet service, subscribed to Comcast Internet service. I am now seeing over 4 Mbps for uploads and over 20 Mbps for downloads.

0 Likes
DavidLee1

I don't blame anyone for going to another ISP right now, Verizon's service as of right now has to be the worst I have ever seen it, and no support for on going problems is the biggest reason.

0 Likes