Web Site Builder
Valsim

Web Site Builder has stopped working for me. Verizon updated there site a while back and that's when my trouble started. Last year, I put up two sites just fine, no trouble, but now, when I access my sites, I can't edit them.  I tried starting a new site, and could add a title, but when I went to add text, it no longer worked - nothing happens. I called tech support and was told Verizon no longer offers tech support for Web Site Builder. Anyone know if this is true?

BTW - I'm on Mac OS 10.4.11.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Web Site Builder
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I do not know if it is true or NOT, but for what it is worth - you could...

#1 Use a WYSIWYG HTML Editor or a HTML Editor of your choice on your computer.

#2 Then use a FTP Client to upload the files.

#3 I know in the URL below that is has the word FIOS, and you are not on FIOS - But I am on Verizon DSL, and it worked fine.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/86782.htm

^^

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I do not know if it is true or NOT, but for what it is worth - you could...

#1 Use a WYSIWYG HTML Editor or a HTML Editor of your choice on your computer.

#2 Then use a FTP Client to upload the files.

#3 I know in the URL below that is has the word FIOS, and you are not on FIOS - But I am on Verizon DSL, and it worked fine.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/86782.htm

^^
Valsim

I'm not sure I'm replying correctly, but I wanted to thank dsir for offering to help.

I tried the link provided, but it didn't work for me. I could upload and download files and see the contents of my web site folder using "Fetch", but the new pages would not show up on the web, nor in "Edit My Web Site" in Site Builder. I'll try again, but in the meantime, I did find a work-a-round,-- since I can't add or paste text in the "Add Text" page on Site Builder, I pasted an HTML page in the "Site Add-Ons" and it worked! 

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got started with the verizon web site builder, but it is not very consistent. I was thinking about using something else, and then came across your message. I have used WS-FTP95LE, which worked fine when I had AT&T. I have a problem now to get the pictures in it to send them to a remote location. I may figure it out with a HTML editor, if the verizon web site does not improve.

0 Likes
VJS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted with name Valsim, but name no longer works, so new name... geez! 

Web Site Buider still doesn't work with my Mac OS 10.6.8.  Before, I did have a work-around, but that stopped working; So I was uploading FTP files, but Verizon dumped that option.

I'm going to Google to upload my web site. Verizon needs to stop advertising "Free Web Space with a DSL Account," when they don't support it.  Thanks Verizon.

ashogun
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just starting to try Site Builder, but I'm a programmer and DON'T really like it!

(Verizon no longer supports my use of FTP to update my site I've worked on for 10 years!).

I have a problem adding text with FireFox - IE 8 works just fine.

petedoel

I only use my webspace on Verizon to host pictures.  Now that FTP is gone, I see no information about how to upload just pictures, without having to go through the hassle of using their stupid site builder tool to create a whole web space.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@petedoel wrote:

I only use my webspace on Verizon to host pictures.  Now that FTP is gone, I see no information about how to upload just pictures, without having to go through the hassle of using their stupid site builder tool to create a whole web space.

Any ideas?

I found some info on

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26295532-Verizon-no-ftp.-I-found-a-way-to-upload-pics-still-W00t-

Does that help you?

0 Likes