Webmail Time Out Problems
joetone

I use Outlook Express at home for my email and have not problems at all.

At work I used Verizon Webmail to check my personal account.

Several months ago, I started having problems with very quick and unexpected time outs.  It doesn't matter if I'm using Basic or Rich, or if I've just emptied my Temp Internet Files and/or cookies recently or not.  I can be on for a minute or less, attempt to respond or compose a new email, and often (not always) when I hit "Send" I get a log-in screen telling me my session's been timed out.  The worst part is the email I'm composing does not get saved in the Draft folder.

Sometimes I get timed out after just a few minutes, get the log-in screen, log-in, and get the log-in screen AGAIN.

Very frustrating, and really my only complaint about Verizon.  Have searched the Help sites and only find a Help document that talks about getting timed out every 30 min or so for security and anything you are working on being saved in Drafts.  I know some people don't even like that feature, but I would be THRILLED to only be timed out every 30 minutes and have my emails saved to drafts, instead of completely losing them.

Any help would be appreciated!  I joined this forum mainly out of frustration with this problem.  Until just a few months ago it worked great!

0 Likes
Re: Webmail Time Out Problems
CRead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it worse at work.  I get timeouts on launching webmail close to 95% of the time.

At home I use the same browsers and it works 98% of the time.

Tried IE (6) and Firefox (3.0.11,3.1,3.5,3.51 &3.5.2)

The Timeout message pop up just before or just after the inbox is populated with the message list.  Often it goes to different login URLs and pages.

Message Edited by CRead on 08-04-2009 03:35 PM
0 Likes
joetone

Mine has gotten as bad as yours...doesn't matter how I set my cookies on my browser, or what browser I use.  I've looked everywhere and found no help.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
joetone

ANYONE figured out this webmail issue...it doesn't matter how my cookies are set.

It's really frustrating to write a message and then click "Send" and get a time out after about 30 seconds...it doesn't store it in the Draft file, either.

Verizon webmail just blows chunks.

0 Likes
Mrdy
i have switched my email to gmail about 5-6 yrs ago.  gmail can be setup to work w/ outlook, outlook express or thunderbird.  i don't have to notify my contacts when i change my internet provider.  i only use the internet email for account maintenance only and checks it occassionally.
0 Likes
joetone

So can I set up a gmail account so that it forwards my Verizon mail to it?  Only problem will be, at home I like to use Outlook Express.  One of the nice things about the Verizon Webmail (When it was working for me) was that whatever mail I left on the Verizon server would come to me when I opened Outlook at home. 

I wish Verizon would just fix the issue, or at least respond.  I have news for them, they're not the only service provider in town.

0 Likes
Mrdy
just switch over to gmail and don't use verizon mail.
0 Likes
stmotorsports
Enthusiast - Level 1

{word filter avoidance}  can I just say that Verizon has to be the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to have to deal with. Even just getting signed up on this board, just to be able to reply to this thread, I had to go thru like 17 steps and log in 3 times. DSL speed and connectivity is the worst ever, and they're trying desperately to get even more of my hard earned $$ by trying to get me to switch to fios. Yeah, that probably won't just end up being even more of a waste... Their marketing is relentless and they just simply don't listen to what their customers REALLY want or need. Speaking of which, how about NOT calling my home DAILY to try and sell me something? Seriously, daily. Virtually every. single. day. This even after requesting to be removed from calling lists. And unfortunately the state and national "do not call" lists don't apply to companies that you currently do business with or have in the past. We are seriously looking into filing harassment charges with the FTC, FCC, and Atty General's office.

And then, there is the webmail timeout issue. I use webmail exclusively simply because I am forced to due to network restrictions at school and work. I have contacted verizon "support" several times about this, and every time I have been assured that it must be something wrong with apparently all of the computers that I use to access the internet, when it is obvious that it is not and that it is a server side issue. I was actually lied to by a verizon rep who told me that the timeout "feature" was being removed as we spoke during the updates/upgrades that were being performed at the time. So basically, I have had enough and I give up. We have had our verizon land line shut off and went to vonage, we are in the process of switching cell providers and are currently seeking another ISP

good luck to all of you on this issue and with verizon in general, but unfortunately I have a feeling that by the time they get around to straightening out all of their infuriating issues, we will all be long gone and possibly verizon will as well (we can only hope). Maybe they should fire all of their execs and get some that actually care about their customers and aren't too busy playing golf or out on sunning on their boats 

Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad Smiley Mad

Message Edited by stmotorsports on 08-21-2009 03:47 PM
Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-21-2009 05:02 PM