Re: Weeks of massive slowdowns on DSL
norcris
Enthusiast - Level 3
Here's hoping it worked.:) However if your tech visit is anything like mine, then it didn't help. But at least you are making progress. I am curious, what is the IP address that you have right now? When I was having trouble I noticed that my IP almost always started with 68.161. As soon as my connection was fixed the IP switched to a 141.155 start.
0 Likes
Turk85

I to was having a major download speed issues. After going through the traditional routes, I got onto dslreports.com and found a forum dedicated to Verizon DSL support. I was in direct contact with a Verizon employee that helped me get my problem solved. It took over a week, but I'm finally up to speed. I was even getting call backs from local techs. They ended up switching me to a different port and I was back up.

The forum is through www.dslreports.com then go to the Verizon direct forum. All posts between you and the Verizon support staff is private. They really seemed to care.

0 Likes
kgrach
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Tech visit didn't work. They called saturday morning several times automated to tell me they where still working on it.

Saturday Afternoon I was called again automated vioce letting me know my "High speed Internet was fixed"

It was still slow all day saturday and sunday.

I had completely given up Late Sunday went online and checked out FIOS while slowwwww surfing my high speed.

Two AM this morning I was downloading  Some Linux updates only time I could do it lately and I all of a sudden lost internet completely was down for several minutes and when it came back it was real funny for a few minutes as my download speeds went off the charts silly fast. Then it settled in at a consistant and steady fast download. I said son of a @@@ they fixed it. Sure enough when I got home this evening my High speed was back to high speed 1500 down I am sure it could do 3000 if they had not had me down grade to 1500 but that is good enought till I get Fios installed.

Thanks all.

It took awhile funny how they just fixed it all of a sudden after closing my trouble ticket and all .

Weird!!! didn't reset modem or anything just boom high speed

@ nocris my IP is in the same 68.1xx range

Kgrach

0 Likes
norcris
Enthusiast - Level 3
Terrific! Welcome back to high speed Internet lol. It's strange that they didn't call to tell you they were moving you to a different router though (I'm sure that's what they did for you since it's the exact same thing that happened to me), but I guess at 2 am they figured it would be rude to call.Smiley Very Happy
0 Likes
maicomike

my slow down has benn going on for 3.5 weeks after being on the phone with techs for at least 5 hours still slow as ever I am now down to sub isdn speeds.

they kepp blaming the computer but they didnt know what to say after I told them I tried 3 different compys with the same result. prior to the slow down it was usally

about 1500kbs - 1800 kbs down load speed which is  ok but not the 3360kbs touted. I was told that the tap was slowed down to get peeps to change to fios?

but that was just a rumor. I am les then a half a mile form the substation also. loved the service untill this snafu and conflicting answers that i get from the techs

and I do know tech pretty good.

disspointed in clementon

0 Likes
HS345
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Turk85 wrote:

I to was having a major download speed issues. After going through the traditional routes, I got onto dslreports.com and found a forum dedicated to Verizon DSL support. I was in direct contact with a Verizon employee that helped me get my problem solved. It took over a week, but I'm finally up to speed. I was even getting call backs from local techs. They ended up switching me to a different port and I was back up.

The forum is through www.dslreports.com then go to the Verizon direct forum. All posts between you and the Verizon support staff is private. They really seemed to care.

I tried this route, and at first it was showing promise.

After posting in the Verizon direct forum, I had a technician respond very quickly, she had me run a couple of tests (ping, and trace route), she then opened a trouble ticket with the central office. I was asked to provide a couple of tentative dates to schedule a technician at my home, I did. I was told I would be contacted if it was determined a technician needed to enter my home, and confirm a scheduled date.

Yesterday I received an automated call from Verizon, stating my ticket was still open, they were working to resolve the issue, and I would be advised when the issue was fixed.

Today, I received a call from a field technician asking if I would be available today, in leiu of my scheduled Monday appointment. Huh? I never scheduled a Monday appointment. By the time I received the message, he was no longer available today. He advised me I would need to cancel the Monday appointment (which I never made in the first place). He also advised me to schedule the appointment for next Saturday, and he would personally conduct the call.

I am currently on hold with a Verizon tech support agent, and we have somewhat of a language barrier. She said I would need to be available from 8:00am to 11:00pm on Monday! I told her several times I didn't schedule the Monday appointment, and I would not be available. She then said I would need to be available Monday from 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Huh? I said, the field technician advised me to schedule a Saturday appointment, she told me they don't do Saturday appointments. She placed me on hold to speak to a supervisor. She came back on the line several times to tell me they were trying to schedule a Saturday appointment. Communicating with her is very difficult, she keeps talking over me, and can't understand what I am trying to say, partially because she keeps talking over me. Man Mad

Well, she finally came back on the line to tell me I am scheduled for next Saturday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Whew! 

I will keep y'all updated on my "progress".

0 Likes
vince

I updated my firmware to ***.9.2.14 and my problem is now fixed. I had asked the techs repeatedly about updating the firmware and they didn't seem to think it would make a difference with my deteriorating bandwidth problem. they also ask stupid questions like "what's your OS". I respond, iTouch, xbox, DirectTV, XP, Vista, Nintendo DS, MacOS (my brother), etc. it's not a PC problem--its a firmware problem!

ONe other thing. they sent me a new modem, i hooked it up, and it didn't work. i plugged the old one back in, upgraded the firmware and now i don't have any more issues. At leas t for now.

0 Likes
norcris
Enthusiast - Level 3

HS345, sounds to me like you got outsourced 😞 I hate that! Have you tried calling the Canada number yet?  {please see Provider7's latest post to this thread}  I credit them with solving my problem. Also, it might help to mention that there are other people who had the exact same problem as you and that their problems were solved by switching them to a different router.

On another note... what is it with their technician appointments? I never made an appointment either and I get a call on a Monday from a technician saying he is a couple blocks away! Luckily it was a good time for me but what if I had not been home at the time he called? Any way, good luck 🙂 Hope you get your problem solved soon.

Message Edited by norcris on 02-01-2009 08:06 AM

Message Edited by Kathleen on 02-05-2009 06:07 PM
0 Likes
HS345
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks norcris, I will let this current ticket play out, and if it does not work out, I will try the Canadaians. 🙂

I wish I would have gotten the field technician's message sooner, I was home and available. Of course, he had my mobile Mon thru Fri number, instead of my home number. The young man was very courteous and proffessional. We spoke for a few minutes, and he actually had a few possible suggestions that sounded plausible, including the router issue. He didn't even ask me what my OS was. 😄 One thing though, he said I am further from the substation than should be possible to even get the 1.5mbps service. But I get great speeds all the time, except between aprox. 6:00pm and 12:00am.

Speed test from a few minutes ago: 1529/363

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Hey gang, I had to remove the number for Canada because the call volume for their office went through the roof.  The Foreman contacted me personally and told me that if I have a cronic case I can give him your number and he will escalate it for you.

Regards,

Walt

0 Likes