Westel 6100G
Disfigured

History:

Day1: Internet connectivity shaky at best

Day 2: Tech out to the house. "You need a new modem"

Day3: New Modem arrives. Problems worsen. Get a hold of tech on phone she sets up modem, back to original  problem(s).

Day4: Autmated message is sent to me via the phone "make an appointment with dispatch. By the end of the day another automated message tells me cancel appointment and that the C.O is the problem.

Day5 Nothing better.

Day 6 I find it odd I have an "always on" modem yet my default connection in Internet Properties is still my old WinPPPOE for my old modem. I uncheck it as the default connection. I've been Online now for longer then I've been in 6 days.

Could it have been that simple?

I also notice with WireShark that the modem is sending out large amounts of ARP broadcasts, more then I remember my old modem doing.

Is there a defintive guide some where on how to set up this modem (I have all the passwords and can access all areas of the modem), that also explains the differences between this new "always on" modem and my old Westel Wirespeed?

0 Likes
Re: Westel 6100G
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Disfigured wrote:

Could it have been that simple?

While I am not sure, I believe the answer is yes.

@Disfigured wrote:

Is there a defintive guide some where on how to set up this modem (I have all the passwords and can access all areas of the modem), that also explains the differences between this new "always on" modem and my old Westel Wirespeed?

I am not sure, but try the VersaLink 7500 manual / user's guide at

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

-

Which is the Westell, Red and Black Firmware.

^^^

0 Likes