Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Westel 6100G

Disfigured
Contributor
Contributor

Westel 6100G

Message 1 of 2
(3,069 Views)

History:

Day1: Internet connectivity shaky at best

Day 2: Tech out to the house. "You need a new modem"

Day3: New Modem arrives. Problems worsen. Get a hold of tech on phone she sets up modem, back to original  problem(s).

Day4: Autmated message is sent to me via the phone "make an appointment with dispatch. By the end of the day another automated message tells me cancel appointment and that the C.O is the problem.

Day5 Nothing better.

Day 6 I find it odd I have an "always on" modem yet my default connection in Internet Properties is still my old WinPPPOE for my old modem. I uncheck it as the default connection. I've been Online now for longer then I've been in 6 days.

Could it have been that simple?

I also notice with WireShark that the modem is sending out large amounts of ARP broadcasts, more then I remember my old modem doing.

Is there a defintive guide some where on how to set up this modem (I have all the passwords and can access all areas of the modem), that also explains the differences between this new "always on" modem and my old Westel Wirespeed?

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Westel 6100G

Message 2 of 2
(3,010 Views)

@Disfigured wrote:

Could it have been that simple?

While I am not sure, I believe the answer is yes.

@Disfigured wrote:

Is there a defintive guide some where on how to set up this modem (I have all the passwords and can access all areas of the modem), that also explains the differences between this new "always on" modem and my old Westel Wirespeed?

I am not sure, but try the VersaLink 7500 manual / user's guide at

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/User+Guides/User+Guides.htm

-

Which is the Westell, Red and Black Firmware.

^^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title