Westell 2200 modem . Will it Work ?
Animefreak1983
Enthusiast - Level 1
A few years bak we moved to the country and were no longer able to get Verizon Highspeed. Well now it appears that it's became available.  Due to lack of funds I didnt want to spend money on a modem when I already have one.  But my questions is will the Westell 2200 Modem work worth the service still?

If anyone could please answer this question that would be great. Also another curious question I found info on the verizon website that claims as soon as the install kit arrives one  can connect to the service. But Verizon told me that I need to way for my due date.
So which way is it?

Thanks
Message Edited by Animefreak1983 on 05-07-2009 11:48 AM
0 Likes
Re: Westell 2200 modem . Will it Work ?
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

Your second question first, do you need to wait for your due date? Your due date is the Vz target to have the work done in the network to provide dsl service over the copper lines running to your house. Might it take less time than estimated for the work to be done? Possibly. But it is more likely that you will need to wait for your due date or even the next day, to try your dsl service.

Will your Westell 2200 modem work? It sounds like you signed up for DSL service. Did you discuss this with the Vz agent when you signed up? My guess is that if you used the modem previosly with Vz High Speed Internet service, then it will likely work.

If your due date comes and you try the 2200 modem and it doesn't work, call 1-800 Verizon. Provide your telephone number to the voice response system and select "Tech Support" for "High Speed Internet". Using these terms will help to ensure that you get transferred to a Verizon HSI Tech Support agent.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes