Westell 327W DHCP settings/Suggestions
Chrimos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am writing to see if anyone is at all familar with a Westell 327 router.

My problem: Last week for no apparent reason my router started assigning computers with DHCP settings of:

IP: 5.166.xxx.xxx

Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0

IP 5.0.0.1

The reason I ask if anyone have any knoweledge of this router is because I have:

1. Reset the router to factory settings

2. Reflashed the firmware 2x allready

3. Unplugged the router and phone line for an entire day!

And yet when I do a DHCP check on every computer it is still broadcasting 5.0.0.0! I used Rougue Checker from microsoft to check the DHCP that are being broadcast

There is currently 2 DHCP settings being broadcast on my router.

The first is the 5.0.0.0 Which is the wrong one!

The second is 192.168.1.xx which is the right one!

I have 7 computers on this network and I check them all independently and I can not find out why the router is assigning 5.0.0.0!

I was hoping someone know where the DCHP settings are for me to check them. Private LAN is enabled and I can't touch any other DHCP settings and the system log is not showing any signs of errors..

Im getting fustrated and tired as I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what is wrong. I have to manually assign every computer the settings just so I don't get IP conflict messages and wrong settings so they don't get on the internet. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W DHCP settings/Suggestions
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is not your router that is assigning the 5.x.x.x.x address, it is Hamachi that is installed on those computers where you see the 5.x.x.x.x address.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W DHCP settings/Suggestions
Chrimos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the computer last night that was making my router to broadcast the 5.xx.xxx.xx IP address.

The problem was it was giving people the 5.xx.xxx.xx IP addresses to every computer that started up even those without hamachi. I just reconfigure that computer and so far its not broadcasting it.

Also does anyone know who I should contact about something?

I was trying to install VzInHome agent, saw it in one of the menu's and try to install it. However I can not install it because Comodo Antivirus is detecting it as a Worm. maybe someone from Verizon can contact Comodo?

0 Likes