Westell 327W Firmware
GarveyPatrickD
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the Current Version of the Firmware of the Westell Versalink model A90-327W15-06?

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W Firmware
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

The last version I was aware of is 4.04.03.00.

If you visit http://download.verizon.net  and navigate your way to the appropriate page, you sohuld find out the version. 

I no longer have a 327W.  VZ sent me a 7500 as a replacement.

GarveyPatrickD
Enthusiast - Level 3
@RetiredDBA wrote:

I no longer have a 327W.  VZ sent me a 7500 as a replacement.

What were the circumstances that caused Verizon Online to send a replacement

RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

I started to have trouble with my DSL service.  VZ sent out a tech.  The tech tested the line, and declared the line OK.  The tech then tested the 327W, and declared it to be fried.  This was strange to me, because the problem was intermittent rather than solid.  But hey, he's the tech and I'm not.

So then he said I had two choices:  to go out and buy a router on my own or to sign up with VZ for a service that would get me a new router.  I priced out a router on my own, and it came to about $40.  I priced out the service upgrade to get a new router from VZ, and it turned out to be an additional $2 a month.  That was an easy decision.  20 months from now, I'll revisit that deicsion.  Who knows, maybe by then the 7500 will be obsolete?

I needed a little technical help to get the 7500 working.  I'm pretty knowledgeable about computers in general,  but data comm is tricky.  The remote techs can see what's going on inside the line, as well as reading the output form the box.  So I followed their lead.

Oh, and a second fallout form the changeover was that my line speed was about 3 times faster after the changeover than before.  Both before and after there was that line overhead that VZ talks about, that chews up about 20% of the nominal speed.  You can either get worked up over that overhead or not get worked up over it.  Your choice.  I choose not to get worked up over it.