Westell 327W & Linksys WRT54G2 problem
rweintra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Westell 327W that has worked very well for years. It's wireless range isn't wonderful, so I decided to get a Linksys WRT54G2 to use for wi-fi and just shut off the wireless feature on the 327W.

When I connect the WRT54G2, I can find it and connect to it on my laptop, but it only allows 'local' service, no internet. I can easily log into the router and make necessary changes, so at least I know it's connecting properly.

I'm sure there are some things I have to change on the 327W to allow the WRT54G2 to access the internet, but I don't know what those may be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W & Linksys WRT54G2 problem
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/HighSpeed/Networking/SetUp/QuestionsOne/123766.htm

The above link will explain the process you need to follow to change the 327 to bridge mode which will allow the router to connect to the Verizon dsl.

0 Likes
rweintra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried following the instructions on the link you provided.  All it did was force the Westell to not accept the PPPoE and then no internet followed through to the Linksys. 

0 Likes
rweintra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a way to route the internet to the Linksys but still be able to use both routers?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes