Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Westell 327W and HP CM1312nfi printer not communicating

NoviceUser
Contributor
Contributor

Westell 327W and HP CM1312nfi printer not communicating

Message 1 of 2
(3,973 Views)

I am trying to put my new printer on my network. The printer does not have a wireless networking option, but it does have a card to allow me to connect the printer to my router via a Cat5 cable. When I plug my CM1312nfi printer into the back (Port 2) of my Westell 327W router, the Port 2 light (router) and the lights on the port on the back of my printer simultaneously flicker for about 3 to 5 seconds, then turn off for about 3 - 5 seconds, and so on. How do I go about getting a solid light on my router and on the printer and get the router to send an IP address to the HP printer? When I run/print the HP Configuration Report, it says that the IPv4 address is "initializing." I don't know if I need to reconfigure one of the Westell 327W ports, and if so, how to do that on the 192.168.1.1. site, or if this is more of a printer problem. Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Westell 327W and HP CM1312nfi printer not communicating

Message 2 of 2
(3,957 Views)

#1 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server(s) on your computer.

If on Windows XP, this means...

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b)  Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 With your web browser with the comptuter that  you can get online with, go to a web site that displays the public IP that you are coming from.

Such as http://www.whatsmyip.org/

#3 If any of the IP Address on your computer match (are the same), then the modem is in bridge mode.

#4 Is the router in router mode or bridge mode?

#5 Did you try another cable for this printer?

#6 Did you try another port on the router for this printer?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title