Westell 327W and HP CM1312nfi printer not communicating
NoviceUser

I am trying to put my new printer on my network. The printer does not have a wireless networking option, but it does have a card to allow me to connect the printer to my router via a Cat5 cable. When I plug my CM1312nfi printer into the back (Port 2) of my Westell 327W router, the Port 2 light (router) and the lights on the port on the back of my printer simultaneously flicker for about 3 to 5 seconds, then turn off for about 3 - 5 seconds, and so on. How do I go about getting a solid light on my router and on the printer and get the router to send an IP address to the HP printer? When I run/print the HP Configuration Report, it says that the IPv4 address is "initializing." I don't know if I need to reconfigure one of the Westell 327W ports, and if so, how to do that on the 192.168.1.1. site, or if this is more of a printer problem. Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W and HP CM1312nfi printer not communicating
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Check the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Server(s) on your computer.

If on Windows XP, this means...

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b)  Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 With your web browser with the comptuter that  you can get online with, go to a web site that displays the public IP that you are coming from.

Such as http://www.whatsmyip.org/

#3 If any of the IP Address on your computer match (are the same), then the modem is in bridge mode.

#4 Is the router in router mode or bridge mode?

#5 Did you try another cable for this printer?

#6 Did you try another port on the router for this printer?

0 Likes