Westell 327W and WEP
true559
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the latest software version for the router. When I enable WEP and hit apply, the wireless settings confirm WEP is enabled. However, every time I go back and access the router, WEP is disabled. Any ideas?
0 Likes
Re: Westell 327W and WEP
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#! When you enabled WEP, were you using a wireless connection or a wired connection?

#2 What is your OS and Version?

#3 What Wireless NIC (if that applies) are you using?

#4 Are you using the wireless manager built into the OS,the Wireless manager that comes with the Wireless NIC, or a third party Wireless manager?
0 Likes
true559
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. Wired

2. XP Pro (5.1 build 2600)

3. Wireless NIC is on board e machines M5310

4. Im refering to wireless settings of the Westell 327w

Thanks for the response

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am not sure, but I think I know why.

After selecting WEP, you must select the level of the key, and you must enter in a Passphrase or key.

For example - I have the Linksys WRT54G, and the wireless security screen looks like the screen that you see at

http://ui.linksys.com/files/WRT54G/v1-v4/4.20.7/WL_WEP.htm

I can assure you, I can not just turn on WEP.

#1 I have to select the level of WEP Encryption. 64bits/10 hex Or 128bits/26 hex.

#2 Enter in a Passphrase, click on generate.

OR enter in a key.

Before I press save settings.
0 Likes
true559
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks dslr.

I have already done just that with no luck. Each time I go back to my wireless settings on the modem, WEP is off instead of enable the way I left it. When I enable WEP it is clearly listed as "on" under network stats.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ok.

Did you also change the SSID, so that you are sure that the network listed, is yours?
0 Likes