Hi guys, 🙂 Newbie
I need a new firmware and I don't know where it is. I tried going to westell.com but they don't have anything. Can anybody show me where and how to get the new firmware upgrade for Westell 6100. Help is appreciated.
This should help you solve the problem.
Downloading the Firmware for the Westell 6100 Modems
1. Check for the Model # in the Westell 6100 GUI
2. Go to www.verizon.net/versalinkupdate
3. Find the model number on the page in the Router/Gateway table, and click the link for the firmware upgrade.
4. Save the file on the desktop
Updating the Firmware in Westell 6100 Pro Line Modems (Newer GUI's - Revisions 2 & 3)
1. Log into the modem from a browser using the default gateway address of 192.168.1.1
3. Click on the "Advanced" icon in the top navigation bar
4. When the Warning screen appears, click Yes under Do you want to proceed?
5. Click on "Firmware Upgrade "
6. Under Upgrade From a Computer in the Network, click Upgrade Now
7. Click the Browse button to locate the firmware upgrade file you downloaded and select it.
8. Select "Upload File". The operation can take up to 5 minutes to complete. Power cycle the modem when the update is finished
04-18-2009 09:40 AM - edited 04-18-2009 09:42 AM
After I got the firmwire and uploaded it, after a few seconds the server says: Bad header CRC. What does this mean?