Re: Westell 6100G HELP
Not applicable

I think I see a problem. AirPort Utility will not keep the Camera's IP address in port mapping. Whenever I enter the IP address and go to save the changes I get a message that there are no changes made to the configuration and the IP address will not stay.

Also, now that I've disabled the router end of the modem and did all these recent changes, I cannot even get my cameras on my PC.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Anybody have any ideas on this problem. Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay. So I'm aware, where do these cameras record to? Are they going to a DVR device which has network connectivity or are they being individually accessed? To access the cameras how are you connecting to them? Using a utility, or a web browser, and are you using a DNS Address (like a mycamera.dyndns.org address) or it's IP address?

If all of your computers can connect to the Internet using the AirPort router and your Westell is bridged, with the AirPort maintaining the PPPoE session then each device should be able to reach each other. Try rebooting the cameras, rebooting the DVR in case they are trying to hold an old DHCP IP address, and you might also want to double check their IP Address settings themselves. A cannot reach situation is almost likely a network configuration issue with the cameras or router if all of your other devices work fine.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I reset the DVR which produced another IP address. And it worked. SUCCESS!!!!!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CatieC wrote:

Thank you so much. I reset the DVR which produced another IP address. And it worked. SUCCESS!!!!!

That is good to hear/read. 🙂

Please mark as solved.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Great to hear! Let us know if you do have any further issues, and like I said before, if you find the DVR changing it's IP address routinely configuring it for a Static IP address on your internal network is never a bad idea. Regardless, have fun!

0 Likes